02-24-2007, 07:37 AM
I gave two of my rats a tiny tiny bite of chocolate tonight! i made chocolate muffins and i read off another post on here that a small small bit of chocolate helps with respatory issues. I didn't give any to my mother though, i could bearly hold the little bits of chocolate because i didn't want to give them too much.
02-24-2007, 07:41 AM
i havent hurd that 1 i have rat choco drops but havnt hurd that chocolate helps respatory issues hummm i wil have to start askin about!
02-24-2007, 07:45 AM
A tiny tiny bit of chocolate IS alright everyonce in a while. Rats are pretty tough when it comes to eating certain things. But it is dangerous to give them too much, like any other animal.
02-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Chocolate does indeed have something in it that can help open up the air ways if a rat is ill. It is fine to give in small amounts or as an occasional treat but as always don't overdo it ^^
02-24-2007, 08:34 AM
This is their first chocolate treat... i might give them more the next time i make somethin cocoish :P
02-24-2007, 08:42 AM
grr thats nt fair rats can have chocolate and i cant! chocolate gives me migrains :(
02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Just remember that dark chocolate is the only one that is good as a bronchodilator with a rat having respiratory problems. It opens things up to help them breath. Feeding them chocolate won't help with a URI in the long run.