Rat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking of breeding

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Kiko 
#1 ·
Freya has been such a sweetheart from the day we brought her home. She is very friendly, loves to play, grooms our feet/hair during cuddle time, is never afraid, and is very trainable. She is also quite energetic & fit- during play time she'll jump 2.5 ft in the air to clear walls I put in her path, she'll climb straight up my pants as I do the dishes, and she'll scale 2 surfaces that are 3-5 inches apart! We love her and want to breed her so we can have more adorable ratties like her (although we'd likely only keep 2-3 of her litter and find homes for the rest).

My question is- where can I find a male who similarly has great temperament & health in Miami, FL?

#2 ·
Intentional breeding is not discussed on this forum. Also why would you breed more if there already no homes for those ones in the shelters? How would you cover vet bills food and other things? What would happen of the mamma rat died during birth? That would leave you 12-20 babys you would have too give formula too every 2-3 hours day and night. Other thing is even though you love your rats personality doesn't mean they will get them. I'm sorry,but breeding more rats into the world with ones that already don't have homes is pure stupidity. It's hurts just more that people even think a bout it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.