Rat Forum banner

Almost obsessive grooming...of ME!!!

573 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MaryLiz 
#1 ·
So, here is Roxy's new thing. She has always been the one to give lots of licks and kisses, but for the past couple weeks she has been almost obsessive with her licking. All over my hands, up and down my arms, on my forehead. What gives? If I open the door and put my hand in, she is all over it. Now I love the attention, but I wonder why. Now, I know it has been warm, and yes, I can be a bit, well, "sparkly" before my shower and stuff. Is it because there is a bit of moisture on my skin? She has water, and does drink it.
Is this cause for concern? Daisy will give licks and kisses, but no where near as much.

#4 ·
For my rats, my grooming habits seem atrocious. My fur is gnarled and unkept, I have dead skin and who knows what else EVERYWHERE and just look at my nails. They ferociously groom me if I do anything to upset them thusly.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#6 ·
When I was still living with my roommate, my rat Possum, when he was younger, would obsessively groom her head... she has a condition that makes her dandruff excessive and she has to be very careful about what she washes her hair in so it doesn't dry her scalp out worse. He would get right on top of her head and yank her hair up in little fistfulls and lick and nibble her head. She actually let him do it one day until she bled (said she couldn't feel it, thought he was just pulling her hair >_>) so that's when I had to put a stop to that lol I guess every rat has their pet peeves. Maybe she thinks you don't know how to groom yourself lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.