The Rat Forum's Beginner's Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 8
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Rat Forum's Beginner's Guide (Work in Progress)

I also think it would be good for new rat owneres to get their first rats from the same place. A new owner shouldn't have to worry about introducing new rats and the possible issues with them not getting along.
    'Til we meet again, I love my Bratty-Ratty

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Hmm, yes, I can definitely see that as a very good recommendation. I got my bucks from the same tank, thinking they were already used to living together and they get along fine. I haven't yet tried to introduce new rats, their Rat Manor isn't big enough for more than two comfortably.

About travels with rats -- American Airlines apparently allows rats on planes. It doesn't say so on the Internet, but when I was investigating methods for getting my girls to NH with me from NC, I called and asked and they said it was fine. Their official pet policy is here. He seemed to think 4 would be fine, but 2 is definitely fine in one travel kennel / cage. It's also $125 per kennel, each way, and they must have a signed vet slip saying they are healthy and can fly.

I'm a newbie and It'd be really nice if in the guide there was a section on rat behavior. When my rats fight I always get scared for their safety, even though it seems to be simple play or dominance fighting. I wish I would've known more about that sorta stuff sooner. >>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riksor View Post
    I'm a newbie and It'd be really nice if in the guide there was a section on rat behavior. When my rats fight I always get scared for their safety, even though it seems to be simple play or dominance fighting. I wish I would've known more about that sorta stuff sooner. >>
    We'll be sure to include it. But until I get this thing pulled together, the basic rule of thumb is no blood, no bruises. They're usually okay. (I'm working full-time now, so I don't have the luxury of spending 45 hours a week here...)

+ Reply to Thread