How fast do baby rats grow?
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How fast do baby rats grow?

Default How fast do baby rats grow?

OMG how fast do baby rats grow?! One minute I had a sleek tiny baby rattums that was barely half Numnums size if not smaller, next minute i know he's catching up in size FAST. He's just 2 months and 10 days. Not even NumNums grew this fast. Numnums used to be a tiny rat and it took a year for him to grow humongous.

Or is it just me picking out the ginormus rats?

He's still so shiney and soft, but not coudable yet. He's grown so fast so quickly my roomates started laughing hystarically. He's visiably growing extremely fast. and not fat wise either

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: How fast do baby rats grow?

my rats always grew really fast...but apparently I've been over feeding them....LOL

but he's not getting fat he's just getting BIG. As in baby face adult body X_X

Well, it may be what you are feeding him. A person I adopted a couple little ones from (an oops litter), her babies were 9 wks old and the same size as my 5 week olds! And now, my 5 week olds are not even 7 weeks and are as big as the 12 week old I have that I got from a PS!!! I gave thier momma lots of egg, cheese, chicken, and bones along with the veggies and lab blocks and fruit they all get so much of. And the babies were still getting the extra growth protein until 5 weeks, and get a little bit still every few days...

So, they are all growing but the rescue babes are growing the fastest I think cuz of the great diet their momma had while she was nursing them, and how they ate shorly afterwards. Not fat, but very very healthy and BUSY!!!! Vet friend is surprized at how well they are doing, too! I sent her some pics...
    Check out my family&#39;s scrolls! <br /><br />www.dragcave.net/user/Buggzter1<br />www.dragcave.net/user/Rattysandwhich<br />www.dragcave.net/user/Buggzterrats

LOL at least I ain't the only one looking at my baby going X_X

Now my next question is, when do rats stop growing, or em I going to end up with a 2 pound rat??

Well, I know someone with a 3 pound rat who is quite active all night running all over creation, so... you never know... I THINK rats quit growing at all around 18 months, but MUCH of the growing is done by 6 months, MOST is done by 12 months. Tho I don't have long experience with them, so it's hard to really tell... Just what I know. :mrgreen:
    Check out my family&#39;s scrolls! <br /><br />www.dragcave.net/user/Buggzter1<br />www.dragcave.net/user/Rattysandwhich<br />www.dragcave.net/user/Buggzterrats

::falls over dead::

*pokes Roro* Are you OK? Still alive? Can I adopt your ratties if you're dead :mrgreen:

(j/k.... too far away...)

::ghoast self laughs:: I don't think you want a fat agressive boy, and a baby boy you can see visibly growing::

X_X

yes I do..... :wink:

Closed Thread