MRR and the Holbrook 1000
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MRR and the Holbrook 1000

Blog Entries

Default MRR and the Holbrook 1000

MRR has over 150 rats in need of foster, transport, and adoption soon.

http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=12743

Now's as good a time as any for adoption.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Skritch Lover

Thank you for posting this!

They mention that they are waiving PEW adoption fees - are PEW's the least desirable rats out there? As in people prefer every pattern under the sun than PEW?? Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by rottengirl View Post

They mention that they are waiving PEW adoption fees - are PEW's the least desirable rats out there? As in people prefer every pattern under the sun than PEW?? Strange.
    Alot of people do not like PEW because they are plain white & tons of people do not like pink/red eyes at all.

But also PEW is super super commonly bred as feeders. if someone wanted one they could easily get 50 for almost nothing.

PEW is definitely seen as the least favorable rat out there. I'm not saying some people out there don't like them but they are not popular.

They will always be the most difficult to find homes for.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonkissed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rottengirl View Post

Alot of people do not like PEW because they are plain white & tons of people do not like pink/red eyes at all.

But also PEW is super super commonly bred as feeders. if someone wanted one they could easily get 50 for almost nothing.

PEW is definitely seen as the least favorable rat out there. I'm not saying some people out there don't like them but they are not popular.

They will always be the most difficult to find homes for.
    Yeah. I personally like PEWs. Initially I didn't, but after one of my previous fosters, they kind of grew on me. I plan on keeping one or two of the babies, so maybe I'll have my own PEW soon.

Blog Entries

The one thing that these PEWs have over every other PEW is that I'm the one socializing them, lol. ;-)

Had a look at the rescue page out of curiosity, what an awesome rescue!
    Wish I could foster/adopt if I was near (or in the same country) haha. I would adopt a couple of the oldest PEWs in a heartbeat!
    I especially love the success stories page, think Ill have to suggest that to my local rescue..
    Best of luck to the ratties and the rescue! Hope they all find good homes!

I looked at their Anazon wish list, but the items have been added in 2013! Is that list still current?

Blog Entries

The store is a little wonky, but everything is up to date. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to use the contact form. It's checked frequently, though they're definitely over booked at the moment.

You can also use
    info@mainelyratrescue.org

http://mainelyratrescue.org/store/

Blog Entries

Update: We have taken in well OVER 300 rats.

Over 300 babies, moms, teenagers, and dads.

Many need vet care and all need food. Feel free to check out our site for your next favorite friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RatAtat2693 View Post
    The store is a little wonky, but everything is up to date. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to use the contact form. It's checked frequently, though they're definitely over booked at the moment. You can also useinfo@mainelyratrescue.orghttp://mainelyratrescue.org/store/
    Thanks I ended up making a Paypal donation. Good to know for next time though Also which Harkan Teklad blocks are you using, it doesn't say on the website. What is the best site to buy HT to send you guys in case someone is interested here? Also would you take Oxbow Regal?

+ Reply to Thread