MRR and the Holbrook 1000 - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MRR and the Holbrook 1000

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gribouilli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RatAtat2693 View Post
    The store is a little wonky, but everything is up to date. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to use the contact form. It's checked frequently, though they're definitely over booked at the moment. You can also useinfo@mainelyratrescue.orghttp://mainelyratrescue.org/store/
    Thanks I ended up making a Paypal donation. Good to know for next time though Also which Harkan Teklad blocks are you using, it doesn't say on the website. What is the best site to buy HT to send you guys in case someone is interested here? Also would you take Oxbow Regal?
    Thanks so much! We'll take HT or Oxbow. Honestly, the best thing you can do is either foster, adopt, or just donate. We need bedding and other things, like those listed on the site:
    http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=11

But if you need more information, it's best to email them directly. I wish I could be more help, but in the words of my father, "I just work here."

Final update: Over 1,000 rats were saved from Holbrook, NY.

I didn't stutter. You didn't misread that.

ONE THOUSAND rats, not including babies in utero.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Banned

I think, just once, I'd love to play with 1000 friendly, well socialized rats at once.... I'm thinking it would be insane fur-ious fun. But 4 rats already have me stretched beyond my limit. No one is getting trained properly as it is.

That said, pink eyed rats are about as sweet and intelligent as any other rats, but they can have limited eyesight that can get worse in direct sunlight. Which makes some less desirable for certain training purposes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Daddy View Post
    I think, just once, I'd love to play with 1000 friendly, well socialized rats at once.... I'm thinking it would be insane fur-ious fun. But 4 rats already have me stretched beyond my limit. No one is getting trained properly as it is.

That said, pink eyed rats are about as sweet and intelligent as any other rats, but they can have limited eyesight that can get worse in direct sunlight. Which makes some less desirable for certain training purposes.
    You know, funny enough, the PEWs in my litter are the first ones out of the nest to explore. They're fantastic.

And I'm starting a news article about the rescue efforts. The photos they have are insane.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I would've considered taking one, but my cage only has room for one more rat. They've got to be adopted in pairs. It wouldn't be fair to crowd them...

So I'll just wish you luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kokorobosoi View Post
    I would've considered taking one, but my cage only has room for one more rat. They've got to be adopted in pairs. It wouldn't be fair to crowd them...

So I'll just wish you luck!
    You know what the answer to that question is, right?

Bigger cage!

Lol!!!

I would but I've got no more room!!!! I need a bigger house!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kokorobosoi View Post
    Lol!!!

I would but I've got no more room!!!! I need a bigger house!!
    Just transform your room into a giant rat cage.

I searched for more info about the Holbrook rescue but couldn't find anything but what is reported by MMR. Weren't the police involved for the eviction or animal services or the media at all? Does anyone know why pet rats were housed in a commercial building? Was the person paying a rent for a commercial building to have hundreds of free ranging pet rats It is obviously a case of animal cruelty, yet nothing was reported to the authorities as there is no investigation or anything in the media.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gribouilli View Post
    I searched for more info about the Holbrook rescue but couldn't find anything but what is reported by MMR. Weren't the police involved for the eviction or animal services or the media at all? Does anyone know why pet rats were housed in a commercial building? Was the person paying a rent for a commercial building to have hundreds of free ranging pet rats It is obviously a case of animal cruelty, yet nothing was reported to the authorities as there is no investigation or anything in the media.
    I'm in the process of interviewing and typing an article for the media. We're not sure why there isn't more information about this out. When we participated in the Jersey 500, where someone dumped 500 PEW rats in the highway, there was coverage everywhere.

My guess is this isn't as public as the highway dumping.

I was about to give more to MMR when I thought I would look for updates and more info. The last update I got is from MRR 17 days ago on their Facebook page.

+ Reply to Thread