DIY Lava Ledges?
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Lava Ledges?

Default DIY Lava Ledges?

Does anyone have good DIY instructions for Lava Ledges? I'd like to build a stairway to the top level of my cage and it would be crazy expensive to buy that many store bought lava ledges. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

The only thing I could suggest is to buy pumice stones in the beauty section, drill holes in them and then use hanger bolts, washers and wingnuts to install. I have not made any but I can look into it more if you think this would work. Not sure if this would be a much cheaper route than buying Lava Ledges?

Im not sure. I imagine a large pumice stone of similar size may be not that much less cost wise. Plus the other supplies you would need to attach it.
    But I would also worry that it could be possible that it was treated with god knows what that might not make it safe to be chewed on.

I get mine at drsfostersmith.com they are on sale sometimes. I'd just slowly buy them over time until you have enough! One every other week or so lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Omg I love dr s foster & smith. I spend so much money online there, they should have some sort of frequent flier program lol. I did find a day for cement bird perches but from what I've read its a tedious process of soaking them to leach out the toxins and whatnot. I don't think I want to chance that. I think you guys are right about me just buying them .

+ Reply to Thread