New cage suggestions??
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New cage suggestions??

Default New cage suggestions??

So I'm looking for a new cage for my 2 female rats. Right now they are in the "rat manor" which I bought from petco. I never really liked this cage and I don't think they do either. My female, Shadow, is 3 so I'm looking for a cage that makes it easier for her to get around and not have to do as much climbing. I was looking at a cage from the UK called "zeno 2" ? I believe. Is this a good cage? Anyone have better suggestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I only like two brands of cages really. Critternation is hands down the best. And then martins cages is the second best. With the martins you must get them powdercoated. There are smaller martins cages that would mean less climbing.

You could always modify a cage with easy climbing, stuffing it full of things close together so she can easily just walk across things rather then having to really climb.

Large properly made bin cages can be used with older rats as well giving them nice amount of floor space with no climbing needed.

I dont think in the US we have anything that similar to that cage, maybe the kaytee super pet but I never suggest using a cage with a plastic bottom. It is far too easy for a rat to chew out and escape.

A critternation was the second cage I was looking at. Just trying to find where is the cheapest to purchase it because every website has a different price.
    The only thing I don't like about Martin's are the shelves. I use fleece in my rat manor and no matter what I do they always rip it up so I'd like to stick with a cage that I can use "bedding".
    I think I'm going to go with a critternation cause it seems to be the most popular and it looks roomie enough to fit everything I want in there for them.
    Thanks for the help!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

i am pretty sure this is often the site with the cheapest price https://www.petsupplies.com/item/cri...e-unit/650231/

I agree with you on the martins, I removed all the shelves in mine lol

+ Reply to Thread