For fun - How old are your rats and how much do they weigh? - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For fun - How old are your rats and how much do they weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    "Jag is a black berkshire and Coyo is a ruby eyed beige, anyone know if this coat colours are possible in siblings?"

Yes it's possible. I once had a litter of 8 babies, 7 Black Berkshires and 1 Ruby-Eyed Beige hooded. The beige hooded ended up developing Siamese points at 12 weeks old and losing his original colouring but it is possible for them to show up in the same litter, yes. He may have been the runt, however that will have nothing to do with his colouring.

Ooh thanks loads for the info BearNecessities! I knew it was gonna take me a very long time to research genetics of coat colouring 7 years of studying biology and I still kinda suck at genetics lol
    And yep coat colour has nothing to do with runts!
    Its awesome to know these two probably actually are brothers, for some reason I never really thought to ask on the forum till now XD
    May I ask, what colour were the parents?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Mum is a Black-eyed White, I'm sure there's a photo of her on here somewhere - not sure which thread. Dad is a British Blue hooded. It goes to show that colour wise rats are always full of surprises. I was expecting a few blacks as well as Blues as dad is obviously Blue and mum is also a carrier for British. The little beige - well Siamese, did come as a surprise!

Dumbo 10 weeks -180g
    Mark 10 weeks - 165g

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nieve5552 View Post

Now I REALLY wanna see a photo of this guy!! He must be HUGE when hes full grown!
    Well, he's 745 grams now . He's about 6 months, so I guess he's topping off.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiposea View Post
    Wowzer. I hope my boys or at least 1 boy gets that big. Such a good name for a big boy.

Updated weights

Merry, F, 3 years: 380g. Shes lost 40g over 4 months. Nothing alarming, just old age.

Pippin, F, 3 years: 450g. A gain of 80g. This is likely due to her rapidly growing tumors. I'd say her real weight is probably around 340g.

Sam, F, 1 year: 300g. Not much change, I'd say shes finished growing.

Possum, F, 1 year: 260g. Gained 70g. No my small baby has gone through a growth spurt. I was hoping she'd stay small.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiposea View Post
    I want to see a photo, too! Given that mine are 6 months old and under 300g, I cannot even imagine a rat of this size!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okeedoke22 View Post
    Wowzer. I hope my boys or at least 1 boy gets that big. Such a good name for a big boy.
    I guess I need to take a picture of him compared to the others or with something for size reference. He's very solid, like a brick. He's also the most uncoordinated rat I've ever owned- the last rat you'd pick on your dodgeball team, if you know what I mean. He can't run...he waddles . The other boys run circles around him.

+ Reply to Thread