Cats and Rats - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cats and Rats

Little Fuzzy

I have 2 elderly cats which just see the rats as an annoyance. My eldest rat is obsessed with them and loves grooming and nuzzling into them which they'll tolerate for a short while but one will get up and run away and the other will tap him on the head so I try to keep them separated, mainly for the cats protection though haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I have a cat too, he is interested but cautious of the rats. I have a hunch he has been bit/grabbed through the bars of the cage, but sometimes he will go and sit in front of the cage and watch them, occasionally he even puts his paws on the cage so he can stand up for a better look if they are doing something especially interesting. If they are out and get too close or come at him too fast he gets uncomfortable and leaves. The rats don't seem to be scared of him, everyone but my shy boy will go right up to him. I've never been worried about my rats safety around him, but recently one of them bit him on the nose and drew blood, so i've stopped letting him on the couch or bed when they are out, more for his safety really.
    tumblr_o7fyv61ym01r1km4so3_400.jpgIMAG4208.jpgtumblr_o0r0c5HCoA1r1km4so1_1280.jpg
    My parents have a dog (two now, plus a cat of their own my mom missed my cat too much when i moved out with him) and when i had rats growing up she was kind of unsure about them. She acted a lot like a person who doesn't like rats/mice. If they came too close to her she would get up and leave, and her idea of "too close" wasn't as close as my cat's is now. She was never really interested in them though.

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charlypie View Post
    I have a cat too, he is interested but cautious of the rats. I have a hunch he has been bit/grabbed through the bars of the cage, but sometimes he will go and sit in front of the cage and watch them, occasionally he even puts his paws on the cage so he can stand up for a better look if they are doing something especially interesting. If they are out and get too close or come at him too fast he gets uncomfortable and leaves. The rats don't seem to be scared of him, everyone but my shy boy will go right up to him. I've never been worried about my rats safety around him, but recently one of them bit him on the nose and drew blood, so i've stopped letting him on the couch or bed when they are out, more for his safety really. Attachment 280761Attachment 280777Attachment 280769My parents have a dog (two now, plus a cat of their own my mom missed my cat too much when i moved out with him) and when i had rats growing up she was kind of unsure about them. She acted a lot like a person who doesn't like rats/mice. If they came too close to her she would get up and leave, and her idea of "too close" wasn't as close as my cat's is now. She was never really interested in them though.
    cute cat
    

+ Reply to Thread