Rat Forum banner

Monster is back! Meet My New "Sorority" Ladies!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RattyMomma1 
#1 ·
I picked up five baby girls this past weekend. All are 4-6 weeks old and not related as far as I can tell. I pulled them from a local feeder bin because the breeder I was looking at didn't have anything available and I wasn't about to drive 200 miles to adopt (not exaggerating - shelters are bone dry for small animals near me at the moment.

Anyway I got some decent-ish photos. I got who I could, a couple of them are still skittish. I have a double Critter Nation with all the fixings. The girls are as follows:

- Ripley aka "Facehugger" - red eyed Siamese
- Amaretto - mismarked black hooded
- Rosé - mismarked hooded...not really sure on the color. Almost looks mink
- Martini - blazed black capped
- Whiskey - Agouti

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
OMG! They are absolutely adorable! Up until a few months ago, I didn't know feeder rats were just the same as every other rat. There is a pet store near me that has them feeder rats. Well when I was trying to find a couple babies to add to my family, I went on Craigslist and searched and kept checking back until finally I found my 2 newest girls. But it took me so long to find them, I wish I would've known back then that I could've just went to the pet store and rescued a couple of the feeder rats. I still may go rescue a couple just because I feel so bad that I didn't in the first place. Lol. But my husband keeps telling me that the four we have are enough. He thinks the more ratties you have, the less loved they feel because of the competition for quality time and affection. Lmao!!!

He didn't want me to get ANY ratties as pets. He was so against it. Oh, he was all "they probably stink so bad", "they are such dirty animals", "don't they bite" ..... oh he went on and on and on. I've had ratties as pets before so I knew what was what and he would not believe me for anything. So being the rebel that I am, I went and got my babies and surprised him with them when he got home from work one day. Well it took him about 30 seconds to fall completely in love!!! He doesn't own our ratties, they own him! He spoils them rotten! And the poor man is so allergic to them!!! He breaks out in welts everywhere they touch him and he holds them anyways! Lol.

Anyways, back to the point ... your babies are all beautiful and I'm so glad you rescued them from being someones dinner!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.