Easter - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Easter

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nieve5552 View Post
    Its ridiculous how much consumerism there is around all holidays, they've lost all of their original meaning and now its all about money money money for everyone. Take the chocolate and hot cross buns for eg, people are just being super easily convinced to spend up to 4 times as much per 100g of chocolate just because they're in the shape of a bunny or an egg. Why? Humans just all have a dumb herd mentality. Mass purchase of living beings just because they're representative of a holiday and abandoning them later on when they cant care for them is just unbelievable. Hopefully when the current young generation who's been inundated with information about animal abandonment on social media grow up, they'd know better than the current generation of parents.
    I don't think that things like that will get better anytime soon.A few weeks ago I was talking to someone about how horrible Easter is when it comes to the irresponsible people and animals,and they said '" but they're just dumb animals, it's not like they have feelings or know what's going on."
    "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better.It's not."-The Lorax

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

If people could understand what life is like for all the animals that are adopted for Easter would they stop breeding, selling, and buying,or would they continue?
    "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better.It's not."-The Lorax

I think that if people understood life from an animal's point of view, animals would be treated better. I also think that many bad breeders would continue breeding for the money, but hopefully people wouldn't buy from them
    Current rats: Sierra
    RIP: Bandit<3

+ Reply to Thread