Time to Euthanize? :( - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time to Euthanize? :(

Well I can't believe it, I just found yet another pea sized lump. This ones just behind the 2nd abcess. That brings the total 7 lumps in 4 months. I've never seen such rapid tumour growth. She probably has internal tumours I'm not even aware of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Poor girl! This reminds me of my fawn girl a long time ago- I was going to take one tumor out but then noticed four more pea lumps all over. Very rapid growth. It's great that she can at least 'communicate' some of her needs with you. So sorry.

Some bad news.
    After doing some research I'm pretty sure the 2nd tumour is malignant (cancer).

The 1st one (the biggest one) I think is benign, it fits the characteristics of a benign tumour. Its a large firm round growth seperate from her body. Within about 2-3 months this lump went from grape sized to egg sized however during this time no other lumps appeared (exept for the second abcess).

It wasn't until the 2nd tumour appeared that all the other lumps appeared, all close by to the 2nd tumour. And these lumps feel alot different to the 1st tumour. They are very irregular and lumpy in shape. They are also alot slower growing however they spread to other parts of the body quickly, rather than the 1st tumour which grows fast but doesn't spread.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Inle View Post
    Some bad news.After doing some research I'm pretty sure the 2nd tumour is malignant (cancer). The 1st one (the biggest one) I think is benign, it fits the characteristics of a benign tumour. Its a large firm round growth seperate from her body. Within about 2-3 months this lump went from grape sized to egg sized however during this time no other lumps appeared (exept for the second abcess).It wasn't until the 2nd tumour appeared that all the other lumps appeared, all close by to the 2nd tumour. And these lumps feel alot different to the 1st tumour. They are very irregular and lumpy in shape. They are also alot slower growing however they spread to other parts of the body quickly, rather than the 1st tumour which grows fast but doesn't spread.
    Im sorry!
    "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better.It's not."-The Lorax

I took her too the vet to have it checked out, and it is indeed cancer. Vet said she is amazed shes survived so long.
    Got four rat asses. Still don't give one.RIP: Pippin (2014-2017)

Really sorry to hear this, that poor baby is one tough cookie! You've got a very special ratties there. Cuddles to you

It's obvious that you have given her a long, happy life. Honestly, I think it's probably kinder to make the decision sooner rather than later, before she starts feeling any pain. Of course, you know her best so it's probably best if you monitor her to find the right moment, making her as comfortable as possible until then.

Skritch Lover

So sorry to hear the bad news. We're all here supporting you through whatever decision you make.
    <:3( Kara, Marley, Ruby, Rosie, Dolly )~~~~~~

I have finally come to the decision to get her put down. I'll probably make an appointment tomorrow for a weeks time and until then I'll be spoiling her to death.

Coincidentally, I'm on my way to take my elderly dog to the vets because he has laboured breathing and he hasn't pooped in days. Hopefully I want have to put him down aswell.

Well as if this day couldn't get any worse, they are keeping Diesel (my dog) in overnight. They did an ultrasound and they found an abnormal mass in his abdomen and fluid in his lungs. She said its possible its cancer and that it could've spread to his lungs hence the fluid and laboured breathing.
    Another possibility is heart failure but that doesn't explain the mass.

But they won't know for sure until they do some xrays
    I was hoping it would be something minor like a URI or kennel cough but after seeing that mass on the ultrasound I think its going to be something more sinister. That and the fact that the vet started speaking and acting in an urgent manner after she felt his abdomen.

I knew I'd be losing Pippin and Merry (shes 3) sometime this year but I honestly didn't expect the possibility of losing my dog too. And both to cancer.

+ Reply to Thread