Need help with purchasing a rat cage! Hamilton/GTA Area!
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with purchasing a rat cage! Hamilton/GTA Area!

Pink Eeper

Default Need help with purchasing a rat cage! Hamilton/GTA Area!

Hi there! My name is Enis.

I really want to be a new pet rat owner. I have done a LOT of research, and I am having trouble finding a medium sized rat cage that are adequate and appropriate for at least 2 rats for a decent price. ~$100.

If anyone has any advice, or can point me in the right direction that would be extremely helpful!

I have checked Amazon, but I cannot find any good cages that are reasonably priced. I am also checking out Kijiji, but a lot of the good looking cages are much too far. I'm going to be keeping my rats in Hamilton mostly since I am a student there, however my hometown is Mississauga and I often go to Toronto, so I would be able to pick up from those areas as well.

Pet stores are also extremely expensive when it comes to rat cages.

Any advice, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Since you don't have rats yet you have the gift of time. Add patience, and you can find some great deals. The single critter nation sometimes goes on sale for about $100 on amazon. Check out craigslist in both of your areas too. I've seen single CN's go for $50. Best of luck!

Skritch Lover

Hi there,

$100 for a cage with rat specs is a tall order but not impossible. Have you thought of making your own cage? You can buy a large dog cage, cover it with wire mesh and add shelves to it. I just saw one on kijiji Hamilton for $60 that can fit 2-3 rats comfortably.

Creativity can really help with money saving
    <:3( Kara, Marley, Ruby, Rosie, Dolly )~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread