Deer
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deer

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

Default Deer

So there are 12 deer in my yard right now.A few weeks ago I saw one that I think has mange or something.It is missing a large patch of fur on one side and very patchy fur like you see with mange on its back and lower neck.It is in my yard now and now another has small patches of fur missing on its sides and back with patchy fur on its neck.I don't think there's anything I can do,the nature center probably won't come out to do anything.What should I try to do?
    

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rattielover965 View Post
    So there are 12 deer in my yard right now.A few weeks ago I saw one that I think has mange or something.It is missing a large patch of fur on one side and very patchy fur like you see with mange on its back and lower neck.It is in my yard now and now another has small patches of fur missing on its sides and back with patchy fur on its neck.I don't think there's anything I can do,the nature center probably won't come out to do anything.What should I try to do?
    I don't think there's anything you can do really, can you shoot it? I'm guessing you're in the US? If not I'm pretty sure an RSPCA inspector can come out to shoot it. Not sure about the laws in the US. But I do know that mange doesn't just go away, but because deer are so skittish it's almost useless to catch and treat them because most of them die of shock from being captured or just never heal due to stress. Sarcoptic mange has to be treated with medicated baths doesn't it? It's cruel to try to subject a wild animal to that kind of stress, so you're only options are put it out of its misery, or let nature be nature and take its course.

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

Shooting it would be illegal,I don't have a gun and it's really close to the time that the fawns are born.
    

+ Reply to Thread