Your Free Now
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Free Now

Default Your Free Now

I pulled you from dirty tank with slimy water and a dirty food bowl near a snake tank. I looked into your sweet black eyes and melted . I knew nothing about how to care for you , you were my first and got me hooked. I got supplies and got you home where you quickly worked your way into the hearts of everyone you met. You were very sick and I found a vet who said you were a miracle. We fought long and hard and kicked that uri , though it left you with some respitory issues. I'd just got away from an abusive (mentally) stepparent and you your sickness so we helped heal one another. You were loved and spoiled by all. I knew in January of this year that there was something very wrong, you were a lot more lazy then your usual self. I couldn't get you to my vet so we took you to another who thought I was nuts so I took you home with no answers. The next chance I got we went to see our vet and when he saw you he said that there was something wrong. You weren't your usual self. He did a bunch of tests and said a lot of words I didn't fully understand though four I did...early stage kidney failure. Our time was limited I knew. We slowly changed your diet to help your kidneys. We pampered and spoiled you more, and some days you still had the gusto to put your "brother" Chester in his place. You never really liked him but he never really gave you the chance to love him. We only got you in 2015, just two short years ago I wish we had more . Our last check up March 30th revealed your kidneys were teetering on the brink of complete failure so we made the heart wrenching choice to make the appointment for the following week. We have you a mini bucket list and gave you all your favorites. We celebrated your second birthday with everyone you loved, you didn't care you just wanted the icing. You were my heart rat, my first, my rock, shoulder monkey and everyone's friend. On April 5, 2017 I held your sweet body as you slipped away,everyone cried even the vet , but I know you did not cross alone. For I feel my mom was there waiting to help you on the journey across the bridge. Gus Gus "Gus"June 2015- April 5,2017
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TalaChester; 04-24-2017 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is the most difficult, but loving, decision you can make. RIP Gus

Skritch Lover

I'm sorry to hear about your sweet Gus. You are a great rat mom.
    <:3( Kara, Marley, Ruby, Rosie, Dolly )~~~~~~

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss
    

So sorry for your loss, this made me teary Ive had three experiences with euthanasia so far but never seen a vet show emotions, your rattie must have been very special

+ Reply to Thread