How long should I wait??
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long should I wait??

Default How long should I wait??

So my girls finished their antibiotics a few days ago so how long should I wait before bringing them into my room? My other rats are in there and I don't want them to get sick. The girls seem fine now apart from a few sneezes every now and again.

In an ideal world I'd wait a few more weeks but my nan is basically satan and she is constantly moaning about the rats being in the livingroom room (she's one of those people who have to constantly be moaning about something).

Could I bring them back in now or should I wait longer??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

They had a URI btw hahah forgot to mention that.

I'm not sure but I think ideally after stopping treatment you'd repeat the full quarantine? Hmmm. That's what I always figured. Sorry you have to deal with her complaining about your pets, I know how much that sucks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Thankyou for your reply! I'll keep them down for as long as possible then. It's so annoying isn't it! I've made sure to keep them super clean etc so she couldn't complain about them but I forgot about a box after playing with them in the bathroom and all **** broke loose!

I can't wait to get them into my room!!

I see no problem moving them back now. They shouldn't be contagious anymore, and besides, if they're in the same house, quarantine is basically pointless anyway. Your whole house will share the same airspace, so any airborne diseases will be transmitted regardless of what room the rats are in.

If I moved them back in would my boys catch their URI though? Or do they have to be in contact to catch it??

Just thought I'd update. I didn't end up moving the girls into my room as they've started making noises when breathing again. I guess the antibiotics didn't help. Now we're back to square one Looks like another vet trip is in order! I hate my poor babies being sick!!!

Sorry to hear. Hope they get well soon!

+ Reply to Thread