Single Story Critter Nation Cage? Good size for 2 rats?
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single Story Critter Nation Cage? Good size for 2 rats?

Default Single Story Critter Nation Cage? Good size for 2 rats?

Hey!

I'm hopefully going to be a first time rat owner in February (or a few months later, but I'll know in February as I need mom's full permission and I'm waiting for the closest rattery to breed a litter I'm interested in... that rattery is a little over 7 hours away).

And, I'll be buying two does. I first was planning on getting the Super Pet Deluxe Home for Exotic Pets, but I saw this cage on the rattery's site. I looked into it and thought "wow! this is the perfect cage!". It has the metal ramp, but I can cover that with a towel or something, so they don't get bumble foot. I'll be getting one hammock, a corner house, and tonnes of toys along with a corner litterbox. It'll be the single story one... because if the sale ends before February... I'll be paying $200 for it anyway.

So, I was wondering if this is a good cage for two rats:

http://www.petstreetmall.com/Critter...9/details.html

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Single Story Critter Nation Cage? Good size for 2 rats?

Thats a great cage, many rat owners use those cages for the durability and they look nice.
    2 rats is good, many people put up to 5 rats in a single story.
    I think the level is alredy covered so you wouldent have to put towl over it. But many people cover it in fleece to make it look nice and more comfy for the rats.
    You can alot of toys and hammocks in that cage.
    I dont have the cage only because it is heavy, and I travel alot. So if you dont plan on moving it around alot its a great cage.

I'm planning on covering the floors in polar fleece. I'm going to get a multi-level hammock too from the petsmart site.

I'll get the toys from the local-ish petstore.

Hammocks can run expensive and rats will chew it up, your better off just making one.

How do I make them?

What's the point in having all the knowledge in the worl if you don't share it.

+ Reply to Thread