Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats - Page 11
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats

Little Fuzzy

So I was at Michael's and they have tons of Popsicle sticks and wooden dowels! I got a few packs and I'm going to make something for my hamster with tubes and ladders. If you get the bigger ones you could definitely make a cool think for rats to play with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Pink Eeper

Hi Everyone, I noticed that this thread about toys is pretty long but there don't seem to be any other discussions about toys for your babies. I posted in the Marketplace forum about some cool rat toys that I have in my shop. Head over there and take a look!

But also, I really want to know: do your babies play with toys much or are they more about just exploring their surroundings?
    Visit my shop at http://SomethingSpecialPetSupplies.com
    "Products that promote the mental and physical well-being of pets"

Little Fuzzy

I had made a popsicle stick rope bridget for my rats. I used a tutorial that I found online for hamsters
    Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I love tying knots...and it's nice having a reason to! Take any roundish nut (walnuts, hazelnuts, etc) and tie a monkey fist knot around it. Don't throw out those walnut shells when they chew it up either...smear a little peanut butter on the seams, stuff them with treats and then reuse them. I use coconut fiber or jute. Easy and cheap.

Pink Eeper
    Blog Entries

I have a double bed high off the floor. My baby loves the exploring room, and fortunately doesn't leave the bed. I am in the process of designing a tunnel system using 4" PVC piping. I want an end that curves up to the height of the mattress, so she can have tunnels. Unfortunately PVC is rather smooth, so I am afraid she won't be able to climb back up. I am thinking of using dryer vents to slide into it because of it's ribbing. Any thoughts on the durability of the aluminum metal and the little one? should I just use a hemp rope and knot it into a hole for a ladder type thing?

string cheerios on a string and tie it to the top of the cage! my boys love this.

+ Reply to Thread