Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats

I find dog ropes, at the dollar tree, and hang then across the cage with safety pins, and they love climbing on them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

This may be the best thread EVER! I've been trying to come up with ways of amusing my girls, lol. They're waiting on the giant cage I'm getting them for Christmas, and are bored out of their minds. So far I've been giving them cat toys(Sushi likes to line them up in neat little rows, which is too much for Popcorn. She waits until the balls are almost lined up and then bowls through them. Driving Sushi suitably insane of course, while Momma and their sister just watch and roll their eyes, lol). They love the crinkle ones. Go absolutely insane over them. I can't wait to try the fruity pinata though! I'd like to try out the peanut butter thing, but am somewhat paranoid about it...

I made a digging box using a black plastic tub I found in the dish drain rack section of my local Walmart. For "soil" I used Eco Earth by Zoo Med (found in reptile section of pet store) since it is safer than potting soil. Then I sprouted some cat grass and bird seed and transferred to the dig box. I am still growing the seed/cat grass so my ratties haven't gotten a chance to explore this box yet but I just know they are gonna love it!
    -Shawna Laufer
    Please join/follow my blog!
    http://www.ratwhisperer.net

I have heard this one somewhere, put your rat on your back and the way he or she moves will determinate your own movements, for example, if he goes forwards, go forward, if left or right, turn in the corrispondimg direction, etc. If good thenthey shall figure out how to move you around.

Thumbs up Lots of videos with ideas!!

Hello, I want to promote a site with several videos with care information, ideas, maintenance, food and fun for animals!
    So far the site has more videos on rats and hamsters!
    Enjoy visiting the site and check out the videos! Suggested videos are welcome too!
    Register your pet!

http://www.petandcare.com

Bruna

On a hot day, I take a shallow bowl of cool water and drop some treats in the water. My girls LOVE it. One of them stay on the edge of the bowl and stick her paws I'm quickly to grab them, the other just dives right in 😄 its so fun to watch
    <3 Lincoln, Galileo, and Ty <3

Blog Entries

I get felt and braid it into long ropes that I hang on the top of their cage to walk on.

Mommy to Sinna (my fattie, brattie, ratty), and Smidge (the ruby newbie)
    R.I.P: Sasha, Sheebah, Sophie

Blog Entries

I bought one of these for Bernadette to replace the chewed up wooden thing she had in her cage when I adopted her --> http://www.petco.com/product/115432/...-Chew-Toy.aspx

She was completely disinterested and wouldn't even look at the thing. So I wedged some veggies inside the bars and gave it to her that way; once broccoli and carrots were involved, she was all in! lol.

Since I just got a huge paper bag full of shredded paper from my folks, and since tomorrow is cage cleaning say and I don't feel bad giving them a messy toy, I took an empty tea bag box and stuffed it with the paper shreds and sprinkled Reggie Rat in it and shut it. They're currently going bonkers over it lol they seem thrilled.

I used to stick little cardboard boxes that were given to me by a nearby bakery into the cage, closed and filled with little treats. They would have a fun time trying to open it, get the treats then sleep in the box ^_^

生|愛|死
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    RIP
    弓, 闇, 花, 桜, 菖蒲, 小百合, 雪, 雨夜, 薊, 啓子, ピーナツバター, ジェリー
    (Yumi, Yami, Hana, Sakura, Ayame, Sayuri, Yuki, Amaya, Azami, Keiko, Peanut Butter and Jelly)

+ Reply to Thread