Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats - Page 3
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys and Fun Ideas for Rats

-Shawna Laufer
    Please join/follow my blog!
    http://www.ratwhisperer.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I love the old favourite, bobbing for peas!

I took an old shoe box, and cut an entrance hole in it, and stuffed it with tissue paper and treats, and put it in my cage. They went bonkers pulling the tissue paper out of the hole, and scarfing down the treats. Now some are sleeping in the box, others are still shredding the paper and stashing it in their hides!

@Twistedrattery
    I bought a dog toy just like that with the rope already attached, my boys did not like it very much but yours very well may

As for toys i do, I get a bag of in shell nuts from the store and toss them a few, they thoroughly enjoy prying open the nuts and digging out the good stuff.
    Also, my family eats a lot of corn on the cob, so once everyone has eaten what they want off the cob, i am still left with the fleshy stuff that attaches the nibblets to the cob, so i drill a hole through the sid of the cob and string it up in their cage, its kinda like a variation of a pinata, my boys adore it hope this helps
    <3 Lincoln, Galileo, and Ty <3

I planted some cat grass in a shallow container for my rats and they love to eat it and dig it up. The first time they just explored it and ate the grass but the second time Boo really dug around in it.
    Watch videos of my rats Boo and Gus on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/paperdoll1982?feature=mhee

Treat pinatas are easy, inexpensive, and fast to made...they're always a hit with my ratties!

Just take a cardboard tube (like the kind you would find on toilet paper), fold one side in so that two points are sticking up, then fold those inward so it creates a "bottom" (a hole at the bottom is acceptable, but adjust it as needed so that the treats do not fall out.

Drop some favorite treats into the open end and fold it as above - leave the pointed ends out for right now.

Use a pen (or something similar that is small and pointy so it makes a hole small enough for string without damaging the toy) to punch two holes at the base of the top's more pointy folds.

Thread a piece of strong string, thread, or elastic "string" (idk what it's called exactly) through the holes and tie it through one time once you fold the pointed ends down like you did above with the bottom (like you would when first starting to tie your shoe), and tighten it.

Tie to a side bar or hang from the top of your rat's cage, double or triple knotting to ensure it's security and making it more difficult to chew through.

Cut any excess string, and let your rats enjoy!

When its Warm Enough I always take My boys out to play in the garden Baylie Really enjoys Claiming our small apple & blossom Tree and playing on the lawn With jasper . I never leave him unattended but he Dose Really enjoy his time out doors .
    WP_000593.jpgWP_000592.jpgWP_000582.jpg
    also i have just began giving him Live Meal I'e grubs From the local Pet shop at first i was worried he'd not take to them but they Went down a treat
    http://youtu.be/Cy97cPzyxzw

I also Fill a treat ball up with Well treats And he Really enjoys it

http://youtu.be/DLAsAuEr_L4

and on the odd occasion he gets a boiled Egg

he Also has Cuddles When He is chilled out
    http://youtu.be/jtEwqlVbg2A
    Last edited by lilmrspanda; 06-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.

I actually cut a U in a butter tub and attached it to the bottomom of a wire shelf for a nice loungeAnd suz sugar gliders has some great no sew toys/shelfs/ledges and so on

Zooming Fuzlet
    Blog Entries

I haven't got rats yet, but here some idea for toys

Straw weaving
    rat idea,sstraw weaving.JPGIMAG0148.jpg
    -get 2 or more straws
    -put punch hole in it
    -put string through
    -tie them at the bottom
    -weave string through straws
    -once it fills up the straws push down,repeat until string is filled

Ferret online shops have great things
    Isn't it ironic, how we kill flowers, because we think they're beautiful?

+ Reply to Thread