Rat Harness and Leash
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rat Harness and Leash

Default Rat Harness and Leash

hey guys, I wanted to get a harness and leash for my babies. but I dont want something they can slip out of.
    would they escape from something like this?

I read that its better to have the ones with just two little holes for their front paws...but I can only find ones like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Rat Harness and Leash

I bought the first one for one of my rats a long time ago and she just slipped right out of it, they're for much bigger rats, if you have a small one it won't work
    Piper, Darla Faye, Tavi, Atlee, Thisbe, Cricket, Rin and Kira<br />RIP Claudia Louise, Addie, Tilly and Percie Lou

Well, they're not small, they're not babies either. I cant say exactly how old they are because I got them from a guy who neglected them. so...uhm yeah they're males. I dont have anything to compare with, I guess I'll just have to buy one and see right? :P thanks anyways

I bought the first harness and it doesnt fit ANY of my rats. I have males, females some older adults... one big chunky boy. They can all slip out of it, or just stand awkwardly in it. I seen a picture of a rope harness which looked much better, but have never found it again since.
    Does: Lucy and Cookie &lt;3 <br /><br />Bucks: Buck, Finnigan, Oliver, Monroe, Higgins &lt;3<br /><br />My Ratty Angel: Stella &lt;3

like this?

I think this one looks promising, but I dont know, I cant see the bottom, and....I have boys :/ haha it just looks like it's secure

if anything, I want collars so I can tell them apart without having to compare the two. (Vinnie is bigger, and Ozzy is darker)

No it was more like this:

But obviously in a much smaller size. All those leashes you shown I can guarentee you wont work for your rat.
    Does: Lucy and Cookie &lt;3 <br /><br />Bucks: Buck, Finnigan, Oliver, Monroe, Higgins &lt;3<br /><br />My Ratty Angel: Stella &lt;3

hm. alright, well I can always bring my rats into petsmart...I just gotta keep looking.

I really want a leash I think they'd love that! they love going outside in the smaller cage I have.

Quote Originally Posted by KayKay21
    hm. alright, well I can always bring my rats into petsmart...I just gotta keep looking.

I really want a leash I think they'd love that! they love going outside in the smaller cage I have.
    It's probably not a good idea to take your rats to a pet store.

I used to have a leash like the one she showed on the lizard and bunny. That worked great. I haven't been able to find one anymore. ema-leigh, do you know where to find one like that?
    Bonding scarves! - http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4072611.0

why not? is it because the animals there could be sick?

Yep, too many unknown... THINGS in the air

This is from a UK site, but suggests those earlier styles certainly can go on a rat (whether they'd stay on or not I don't know!)

There's also Ferplast ones, and this with a review by someone who's used it on a rat, so I guess they work. Ah, same with this one.

+ Reply to Thread