Mazuri Lab Blocks
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mazuri Lab Blocks

Default Mazuri Lab Blocks

Mazuri is what I've been feeding my guys since I found out they need lab blocks, I read on here that Mazuri was a good brand, but that was about a year ago. But I was reading another topic and I saw that Mazuri is like 23% protein and that that is not good for them So I was wondering if Mazuri is good or not?
    If not could you tell me some brands that are good for them that are carried by petsmart? I could maybe order online, but I doubt my mom would go for that.
    <br />Rest in Peace Chewbacca &amp; El Squeakadore &lt;3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Mazuri Lab Blocks

You can order Harlan Teklad from theratshop.com. You do have to pay shipping but it's like $1 per pound (less the more pounds you buy). =)

Quote Originally Posted by catsandscales
    You can order Harlan Teklad from theratshop.com. You do have to pay shipping but it's like $1 per pound (less the more pounds you buy). =)
    Harlan Teklad says it has 24% protein? Maybe I was wrong on why Mazuri was bad?

The only Mazuri one i know of that is ok is the Mazuri breeder f6 one with is i think 16% protein http://www.mazuri.com/PDF/5M30.pdf

I get mine or should say use to at a feed store (out here it is richie feed and seed) but i now buy extrusions for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JaqandChewsmom
    Quote Originally Posted by catsandscales
    Harlan Teklad says it has 24% protein? Maybe I was wrong on why Mazuri was bad?
    HT has different types and proteins from 14% and up like this one here http://www.theratshop.com/product_in...roducts_id=111

And if your in Canada you can order HT from http://www.chinchilla.ca/list.php?Ca...=F&source=feed

I have Mazuri Rat & Mouse Diet For all life stages.
    Crude Protein, min 23.0%

Ah okay, the only one I saw was Harlan Teklad 8604 That's still all I can see, so I'm assuming it's just my computer messing up as usual
    What's a good amount of protein for rats then?

Mazuri is a good food, it's just too high in protein. you can lower it by making your own grain/cereal mix or giving them lots of fruit and veggies. if you order harlan teklad though, you want the 2014 or 2018. this is what i buy, it's harlan 2018 under a different name. with shipping, it's about 60 bucks for a 40 pound bag

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar
    Mazuri is a good food, it's just too high in protein. you can lower it by making your own grain/cereal mix or giving them lots of fruit and veggies. if you order harlan teklad though, you want the 2014 or 2018. this is what i buy, it's harlan 2018 under a different name. with shipping, it's about 60 bucks for a 40 pound bag
    They also get the 'suebees mix' that I make at home. And they get Veggies daily and fruits every other day. Plus treats of course
    Our Petsmart I think has the Living World Extrusion Hamster food, that would be alright if I can't order online. Of course if Mazuri is okay, I think i'll continue feeding them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar
    I checked, and for me, shipping is only 17 dollars. It's 41.73 for the 40 pound bag! That's so cheap!!
    Deborah, Yeti, Scrodey, Number 2, Nezumi<br /><br />Oct 15, 2008 - June 5, 2010<br />Rest In Peace Sasquatch

I was feeding Mazuri and had to stop because all my girls started getting way overweight and one of my girls started losing hair due to the protein being so high. I switched to HT and everyone is healthy and beautiful again.

Plus, HT is SO much cheaper than Mazuri. I didn't realize how much money I was wasting until I switched.
    Bonding scarves! - http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4072611.0

I'd really like to get them HT or Oxbow, but ordering online is most likely not going to be allowed and since I have no job atm my mom buys the food lol But if I tell her it's way cheaper the rats may be switching to HT. I'd just like to provide them with the best food I can

+ Reply to Thread