Every BYB's list of favorite excuses - Page 3
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Every BYB's list of favorite excuses

Super Moderator cagedbirdsinging's Avatar

Inbreeding does not affect rats as it does with other animals.

EVERY rat you buy/adopt is the product of inbreeding. You cannot have healthy rats without it.

Ivan, Isaak, Henrik, Ulrik, and Asa's mama!
    "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings? And yet not one of them is forgotten by God." - Luke 12:6
    Rest well, sweet girls. Penelope, Paisley, Willow, and Ivy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Number sixteen makes me want to pull the teeth of anyone who would say it.

All the color ones rub me wrong kinda. I always notice, whether it's dogs, rats, cats, ferrets people breed for "cute" coloration-nevermind that it causes (well maybe not causes but there is a direct connection between the color and whatever defect) deafness, blindness, megacolon, unable to give birth without c-section ect..it's sooo dang cute. The bigger problem I have, is on the several pet boards I belong to, the pet owners (buyers) tend to go out of their way to get said "cute" pets..cus omg their cute. I don't think a lot of the animals would be bred such crappy genetics if it wasn't for people wanting to pay premium prices for them. Responsibility also lays in the hands of the buyer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

It's so sad, and pathetic, and true, but all around hilarious. Bravo

Current Pink-tailed Furbabies: Robin & Rouqfort
    ❤ <:3 )~ ❤ ~( £:> ❤ <:3 )~ ❤ ~( £:> ❤ <:3 )~ ❤ ~( £:> ❤
    Rest in Peace: Caboose, Church, Batman, & KitKat

This is so accurate, sadly. And I've heard it all from dog and cat BYBers as well.

What is BYB rat?

Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Malarz View Post
    What is BYB rat?

Noob
    BYB means Back Yard Breeder which is a breeder that is usually breeding just for money or because they want to see all the cute babies without really knowing what they are doing and usually the animals end up having something wrong with them, are kept in bad conditions, and or they make there females breed way to often.
    Last edited by thenightgoddess; 09-18-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Rats-Miz, Toto, and Dublin
    Ferret-Mister
    R.I.P. Smudge, Scooby, Romeo, and Sonic

Thank you for explanation.

That is horribly irresponsible behaviour by PEOPLE. Thus I don't understnad why some in this forum say things like "byb rats suck". These animals did not ask to be born. They are alive, and deserve to have a good life too, as much as possible, imo. My two girls came from a pet shop, so they might be those byb rats too, who knows. I did not know there were rat breeders, I did not know any better when I got them. But they are the lovliest two creatures on Eath to me! And I intend to give them the best possible conditions I can.

I would like to see what post(s) you are referring to. I have never seen anyone say that BYB/pet store/feeder rats are inferior to a "breeder" rat in any way. AT ALL. Some of the best rats people have had came from a pet store or feeder bin. Buying from (and therefor supporting) someone who breeds in such a careless manner is what really sucks.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

I misunderstood "BYB" as shorthand for also rats of that origin. Sorry, my mistake.

+ Reply to Thread