Rat Forum banner

Quiet *Crickets Chirping*

6K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  moongate 
#1 ·
Just wondering if its usually quiet here on the forum. I've been part of a few forms for varied interests but this one seems the most quiet lol. Just wondering if its normal or is it just me? Not saying anything is wrong with calm and quiet but I'm just curious.

#2 ·
yup, it's always been a relatively slow moving forum :) when i first joined about 2 years ago it was overrun with spam bots... they had probably 3x as many posts as regular users, lol. it's come a long way since then, but i think the new vbulletin conversion scared off a few people... hopefully we'll see a membership rise with time.

#7 ·
Really?
I love your sig by the way :p I've seen a lot of forum layouts, not just ratties, with the same host/layout. Someone's paying for it too (thank you btw) so I'm thinking the host matters. I love my rats and this forum is awesome to check in on every now and then. :)

#10 ·
I've been on for a couple weeks? Maybe more, I dunno. But I love this place. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

#11 ·
My thoughts exactly, especially with the owner having secured the domain name of ratforum.com. That's the great thing about message boards though. They're always growing. I'm an Admin of my own (a serious role-playing message board), and we've nearly hit the thousand member mark. Activity varies from super crazy at times to pretty dead, just depending on the time of year.

#12 ·
This forum is pretty quiet but I love the way its set up and easy to use! Everyone here is super friendly too so glad I found it :D I really love the sticky topics with no discussion I can look at all the cool cages and go back for reference without digging through comments.

#13 ·
I actually find this place comfortable. It never usually takes longer than a day for a reply, but emergency type replies are scary because of how little people there are on at times. I love this forum because of how many awesome people there are here, and everyone's so polite and friendly (probably because everyone owns a rat - rat people are intellectual :p). It would be cool to see this place grow a bit more, and have more long term members, since I imagine most people make an account and leave..

#14 ·
The problem lately is that our new members have been staying for a few weeks, posting a lot, and then completely leave for other sites with more activity and never come back, not realizing that if they stayed and continued to contribute this forum would have the same level of activity... it's unfortunate.

#16 ·
its the first hit on a google search for rat searches, thats how i found it :) and im sooo glad i did! it might be slow moving but this is a really nice forum with great ppl and a lot of info! plus i think they are looking for new ways to kinda spice it up! i think rats are becoming more popular of a pet, ive noticed more and more ppl who have them or intrested in my ratties wanting to know more about them :) yay they should be popular because they are awesome!!

#17 ·
I've been a member here for 3 years or so and yes, it always has been somewhat quiet. I like it though, GM is quite crazy and the bigger something is the harder it is to know people well. As is, I recognize most members here.

#19 ·
I agree in-comparison to another forum (gerbil proboards) i use this one is pretty much silent; i did at first thought that maybe people didn't care for new arrivals (narrow minded i know) simply because i was so excited about joining and making my "Say hello" post and then i only get one reply :p silly yes i know but i can't feel any community spirit here :(

I'm sure this isn't the case and the people i have encountered were lovely. I will be hanging around but until i get my rats i feel like an outcast xD !

#21 ·
I have found that if I want to just read something I'll go to another forum and lurk. But here, I like that it is small, and that there are a few regular posters with new people posing questions and slowly getting to know them as well. I think that each forum serves it's own purpose. This one is my ratty home where I can brag about the boys and how happy I am to have them in my life. </end sappy moment> :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.