Rat Forum banner

Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

63K views 64 replies 40 participants last post by  a1phanine 
#1 ·
Alright... onward and upward, right?

With the vB conversion, not a lot of our custom forum stuff was transferred over. We're currently using the vB default for just about everything, which is making our site look rather... plain.

So... if you've got any suggestions on how we can improve or better the site for its users, please let us know. No matter how big or how small, give us some ideas :) vB is pretty flexible, but keep in mind it does have its limitations and some things just won't be possible to implement. We'll do our best though.

#61 ·
I'd like to see notifications whenever someone replies to your posts. I saw in an old "help" thread that it wasn't an option yet. Wondering how people can see new replies without having to constantly recheck the new posts area in the meantime! I set "instantly, using email" as my default thread subscription mode, but I only got one email, and would have missed other replies had I not checked the thread itself.

#63 ·
A more thorough guide on formatting code when your 'standard' text editor somehow gets turned off. I didn't know how to break paragraphs with < b r >

On a related note, it would be nice if there was an option to edit your post much later if a mistake or problem like this popped up and you had to go searching for help. Perhaps late edits only allow formatting changes, or require an addition of stand alone text, so you could say like "Edit: (paragraphs as intended)"

#64 ·
I agree with TheNameIsWater. At first, I didn't know how to break paragraphs either until someone told me about the standard editor and how to turn it on.

Editing after the ten minute restriction would also be nice, so I don't have to post again to make my corrections. There could be something like this at the bottom of a post when a user edits:

- EDIT -

(Text here)

#65 ·
The formatting problem with the line breaks is utterly off putting to a new member and took me a while to find how to fix it even though I am a very tech savvy person. The best way to improve a forum is to improve the community and bring it closer together. Perhaps a discord server and a FB group would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.