Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here! - Page 6
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

Is there a sticky on why rats should be kept in at least pairs? If not...can we make one and put this in the Health section?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Pink Eeper
    Blog Entries

I love this site the way it is, but honestly, what about a pop of color? You know, make it a little prettier.... just an idea.....

Pink Eeper
    Blog Entries

Maybe just a little bit of color? This Club is great! But maybe a little bit of decorating and color to kind of spruce up the forum a bit? Let me know if you agree and anyone feel free to email me at rattie_love@yahoo.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Pink Eeper
    Blog Entries

I will surely do that if i am able!!! I have a ton of information on that!

Squishy Laprat
    Blog Entries

While I love color,I like the blue that the forum has
    "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better.It's not."-The Lorax

Pink Eeper
    Blog Entries

I did a blog about it

Guys I followed your rules - three intro posts - and I still can't post. I understand the need for precautions, I really do I've been a programmer for three decades, but right now I just want to take my amazing contributions and never come back.

For the record... this is what I wanted to post, the reasons I posted THREE introductions, and whatever this is - I hope you'll agree that I only signed up to entertain but GOD YoU MAKE IT HARD ;

[h=3]Rat dip[/h]

Last night while sharing Maggi onion dip with Bourbon rat, inspiration hit me like a premature hangover.

Cola is one big arse rat. He spends most of his days on top of the cage eating whatever flies past and making excuses for not joining a gym. And now I knew how to make him exercise.

At the time the plan seemed flawless. Liberally coat Bourbon with dip, watch Cola chase her around the lounge.

Huge mistake.

There was clearly nothing wrong with the bait - Cola was delighted with his furry feast. Unfortunately the plate didn't share his enthusiasm. Bourbon was mortified, letting out a few choice squeaks before vanishing, leaving only a faint aroma of onion. Cola went back to bed.

Now I had a confused, distressed and extremely delicious rat running around smearing dip everywhere and doing everything possible to avoid being fed to “Jabba the Rat”.

In hindsight the decision to turn her into the rabbit at a greyhound race wasn't the worst decision of the night. That honour goes to the decision to catch and wash her.
    Rats are fast. Rats fit under couches. Neither of those applies to me - I'm Eric Cartman to Cola's James Cordon.

I'd been down this road before with Sterling Mousie Archer, and the catching part ended the same way. Couches flipped over, coffee table missing, every potential hiding place neutralised.

I knew I'd win, it was only the cost I was unsure of.

Rat finally in hand and deceptively calm, I crawled out of the rubble and ran a bath/sink.

Apparently rats love water but they take a while to trust it. I've done a lot of research on this and have been planning to install a pool, by which I mean buy a paint roller tray.

My "John The Baptist" style did not suit Bourbon. One inch of water. Rat in hand. Gentle waves of soothing warmth washing over furred flanks. I would have swapped places in a heartbeat. Bourbon turned full bat-**** Tasmanian devil.

The shrieking was incredible. With the smell of steak still floating on the air and the taste lingering on his lips, Cola probably thought I was cooking her alive, to medium rare perfection. The fat ******* was probably excited.

Enough. Wrap shiny rat in towel. Massage. Soothe. Flip couch upright. Carefully blow dry rat in front of a low fan heater... from where I was sitting the entire evening was nothing short of a high end spa treatment. To her it was Guantonamo Bay.

The noise was so horrific I eventually gave up, pulled everything out of the cage and tossed devil-rat in to dry in the bedding, covering the cage for warmth and so I didn't have to see her sad eyes and cute paws gripping the bars like a death row inmate.

You know you're in trouble when the cage door closes behind you. These guys are free range. This morning she cheerfully nipped out and ran up her torturer's arm like nothing happened, but the memory of last night will live with me forever.

As for Cola, he was so scared of me after listening to Bourbon shrieking for 20 minutes straight he climbed down the cage and sprinted off at full waddle, only returning for a scrambled egg breakfast. Rats respond to food like I respond to alcohol.

So technically, I won. Some might say the plan was unnecessarily elaborate, but I actually achieved my objective. Mr Creosote got some exercise.

If anyone wants to coat me in onion dip then bathe and blow dry me, I would probably be open to that.

Talk about ungrateful.

Oh... apparently #2 didn't post... oops. Sorry! This makes four

Quote Originally Posted by infieldg View Post
    Guys I followed your rules - three intro posts - and I still can't post. I understand the need for precautions, I really do I've been a programmer for three decades, but right now I just want to take my amazing contributions and never come back.

For the record... this is what I wanted to post, the reasons I posted THREE introductions, and whatever this is - I hope you'll agree that I only signed up to entertain but GOD YoU MAKE IT HARD ;

[h=3]Rat dip[/h]

Last night while sharing Maggi onion dip with Bourbon rat, inspiration hit me like a premature hangover.

Cola is one big arse rat. He spends most of his days on top of the cage eating whatever flies past and making excuses for not joining a gym. And now I knew how to make him exercise.

At the time the plan seemed flawless. Liberally coat Bourbon with dip, watch Cola chase her around the lounge.

Huge mistake.

There was clearly nothing wrong with the bait - Cola was delighted with his furry feast. Unfortunately the plate didn't share his enthusiasm. Bourbon was mortified, letting out a few choice squeaks before vanishing, leaving only a faint aroma of onion. Cola went back to bed.

Now I had a confused, distressed and extremely delicious rat running around smearing dip everywhere and doing everything possible to avoid being fed to ?Jabba the Rat?.

In hindsight the decision to turn her into the rabbit at a greyhound race wasn't the worst decision of the night. That honour goes to the decision to catch and wash her.
    Rats are fast. Rats fit under couches. Neither of those applies to me - I'm Eric Cartman to Cola's James Cordon.

I'd been down this road before with Sterling Mousie Archer, and the catching part ended the same way. Couches flipped over, coffee table missing, every potential hiding place neutralised.

I knew I'd win, it was only the cost I was unsure of.

Rat finally in hand and deceptively calm, I crawled out of the rubble and ran a bath/sink.

Apparently rats love water but they take a while to trust it. I've done a lot of research on this and have been planning to install a pool, by which I mean buy a paint roller tray.

My "John The Baptist" style did not suit Bourbon. One inch of water. Rat in hand. Gentle waves of soothing warmth washing over furred flanks. I would have swapped places in a heartbeat. Bourbon turned full bat-**** Tasmanian devil.

The shrieking was incredible. With the smell of steak still floating on the air and the taste lingering on his lips, Cola probably thought I was cooking her alive, to medium rare perfection. The fat ******* was probably excited.

Enough. Wrap shiny rat in towel. Massage. Soothe. Flip couch upright. Carefully blow dry rat in front of a low fan heater... from where I was sitting the entire evening was nothing short of a high end spa treatment. To her it was Guantonamo Bay.

The noise was so horrific I eventually gave up, pulled everything out of the cage and tossed devil-rat in to dry in the bedding, covering the cage for warmth and so I didn't have to see her sad eyes and cute paws gripping the bars like a death row inmate.

You know you're in trouble when the cage door closes behind you. These guys are free range. This morning she cheerfully nipped out and ran up her torturer's arm like nothing happened, but the memory of last night will live with me forever.

As for Cola, he was so scared of me after listening to Bourbon shrieking for 20 minutes straight he climbed down the cage and sprinted off at full waddle, only returning for a scrambled egg breakfast. Rats respond to food like I respond to alcohol.

So technically, I won. Some might say the plan was unnecessarily elaborate, but I actually achieved my objective. Mr Creosote got some exercise.

If anyone wants to coat me in onion dip then bathe and blow dry me, I would probably be open to that.

Talk about ungrateful.
    I believe that you need to post 3 replies in the "Hello" section, not 3 intro posts. At least, that's what I did when I joined.

The "approved" list updates hourly. You just have to wait for that...

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

+ Reply to Thread