Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

Default Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

Alright... onward and upward, right?

With the vB conversion, not a lot of our custom forum stuff was transferred over. We're currently using the vB default for just about everything, which is making our site look rather... plain.

So... if you've got any suggestions on how we can improve or better the site for its users, please let us know. No matter how big or how small, give us some ideas vB is pretty flexible, but keep in mind it does have its limitations and some things just won't be possible to implement. We'll do our best though.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I go on a few sites where they have a new banner every month ( the picture at the top of the screen).

We could have a monthly banner that people could submit and the admin would pick one and post it. These could be artistic works, photos, or anything. Black and white. Sepia. Color. The only restrictions would be size and it would have to say "Rat Forum"

Thanks for reading!
    Check out my rat blog at www.rataday.blogspot.com to find tons of cool info, my rats, and more...

I love the banner idea! The admins could even have themed contests every month and the winner would be featured until the next contest winner was picked.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I also like this idea

I really love the contest Idea! Maybe do some best how to pic on how to make toys or best cage set ups. This sounds like fun =)

could also pick a person randomly to highlight their rats, a random rat of the day :-) something like that. ive seen it on a horse game, they chose a horse at random to have on the main page. im not sure how it would be done lol.
    *<3 Lindsay Sarah <3* mom to Roxy the ratress, Spartacus the sweet boy rat, Zeus the dobe, Charlee lou the old grump cat, Lil Meow the young catter, Dragon the amazing jumping & biting betta, and two female bettas, Cherry and Blossom! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartroxyrat View Post
    could also pick a person randomly to highlight their rats, a random rat of the day :-) something like that. ive seen it on a horse game, they chose a horse at random to have on the main page. im not sure how it would be done lol.
    If you have a thread dedicated to the contest, people could post with a picture of their rat, and the mods could put their names into a random generator every month for the rat of the month. Daily might be a little much...

Mommy to Murphy, Finnegan, Chuey, Branson, Phillip, Murtle, Douglass, Matilda, Norma, and Sybil.

Playing at the Rainbow Bridge: Finch and Connor.

There was a thread for ROTM at one point- I dunno if it's still going.

My only suggestion is perhaps in the details section under each username to have how many rats they own.

Like it would say
    Maltey
    Skritch lover
    (Photo)
    Join DateJun 2011LocationEgham, UKPosts302
    Number of rats: 5
    Courtney and the ever-growing mischief

The contests are kind of on hold until further notice, or so I believe. I thought it would be neat for everyone to have an equal chance at it. Kind of like a featured member of the month/week.

Mommy to Murphy, Finnegan, Chuey, Branson, Phillip, Murtle, Douglass, Matilda, Norma, and Sybil.

Playing at the Rainbow Bridge: Finch and Connor.

We had a Rat of the Month contest but it was accidentally deleted at some point and we've all been too tight on time to revive it right now.

The unfortunate thing with reoccuring contests/features is that someone has to actually be around to manually set stuff up... only me and Kiko have rights to change the homepage banner right now and we've both been very busy lately.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

+ Reply to Thread