Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here! - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

how about just a featured rat of the week/month? no contest, just to highlight a cute rattie :-) then you guys wouldnt have to do much just post it for a bit then take it down to post a new one? i think it would be cool to see ppls rats and hear maybe a short story about that rat? maybe do a contest later on when you guys have more time or something but for now just do the Random Rat :-) it would be fun and simpler plus i think it would help bring our little rat community closer. (and make somebody feel important!) :-) :-)
    *<3 Lindsay Sarah <3* mom to Roxy the ratress, Spartacus the sweet boy rat, Zeus the dobe, Charlee lou the old grump cat, Lil Meow the young catter, Dragon the amazing jumping & biting betta, and two female bettas, Cherry and Blossom! :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

my computer keeps double posting so sorry if i post the same thing lol
    *<3 Lindsay Sarah <3* mom to Roxy the ratress, Spartacus the sweet boy rat, Zeus the dobe, Charlee lou the old grump cat, Lil Meow the young catter, Dragon the amazing jumping & biting betta, and two female bettas, Cherry and Blossom! :-)

How about a rat news section?
    Like not news about people's pets but rats found in the news or articles you found online etc.
    Courtney and the ever-growing mischief

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I like the ROTM idea. Would make people feel proud of their lovely ratties, haha Would also get people more involved, methinks.
    http://nataliesrats.tumblr.com
    http://twolittlerats.blogspot.com

Rat Mum to Jinx, Lily, Rue, Brunch & Daenerys

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    We had a Rat of the Month contest but it was accidentally deleted at some point and we've all been too tight on time to revive it right now.

The unfortunate thing with reoccuring contests/features is that someone has to actually be around to manually set stuff up... only me and Kiko have rights to change the homepage banner right now and we've both been very busy lately.
    Hey Jaguar, I know you've got your stuff going on at the moment. I've just gained 5 whole days in my week! If people wanted a ROTM contest I'd be happy to assist and organise it
    Courtney and the ever-growing mischief

Blog Entries

I love the rat of the month idea. Like maybe a cute pic of the rattie. Their age. Color. A little info about them.
    I think it would be great!

Zooming Fuzlet SillydogTheGreat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What about a chatbox? The Rat Shack forums has a little chatbox section where members can talk to each other.

I love the rat of the month idea, imagine how famous the ratties will feel!

May some contest, rat of the month like some users said, picture, or drawing contest?
    Just something fun so everyone can get involved.
    Maybe a page with some user made guides to rats and ideas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Alright... onward and upward, right?

With the vB conversion, not a lot of our custom forum stuff was transferred over. We're currently using the vB default for just about everything, which is making our site look rather... plain.

So... if you've got any suggestions on how we can improve or better the site for its users, please let us know. No matter how big or how small, give us some ideas vB is pretty flexible, but keep in mind it does have its limitations and some things just won't be possible to implement. We'll do our best though.
    Chat box would be good, like others have said... Also a games board, like word games (round robin, etc).

+ Reply to Thread