Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here! - Page 5
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Got any ideas or suggestions to improve RF? Post them here!

Pink Eeper

So maybe you can help me...I need to make a post but it's saying I don't have permission. I don't understand why. I need to post about my rat's leg, I think it's broken.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Pink Eeper

Posting to hopefully be able to make a real post.

Pink Eeper

I need to post about Granger's broken leg.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

Post it in the health for forum
    

Late night and I can't sleep, so here's some ideas I've come up with:
    - I know competitions have been mentioned (rat of the month/banner etc.) you could include other competitions such as: most creative toy/funniest rat pose/most active member or daft things like that
    - A product review section, where all the threads are different products and everyone puts their thoughts and feelings about said product in comments
    - Maybe a good way to reach out to more new users would be to encourage a few people to write blogs (on their own websites?) about rats/rat health care etc. (or approach people who already have a successful blog?) as there's always people googling it... and then ask them to mention RF as a great base for information and support

I like the idea of a review section, it'd probably be difficult to keep organized without addons for the forum though. Maybe a testimonials sticky would work better? Just a place where we can post short 2-3 sentences of comments about popular products.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I like the idea of a review section, it'd probably be difficult to keep organized without addons for the forum though. Maybe a testimonials sticky would work better? Just a place where we can post short 2-3 sentences of comments about popular products.
    That or a sub-forum in the marketplace would be nice
    

Really like the ideas of reviews/testimonials and competitions. I know the activity on this forum fluctuates but I feel as though when I was browsing on here ten (ish) years ago, it seemed so much more active. Maybe little competitions could help with that. In the sticky thread "post your critter nation picture" I find a lot of people mentioning that they 'couldn't wait' to finally post their picture, they were really excited about it.

In another forum I'm in, they have a simple 'photo challenge'. It's a motorcycle forum...one person challenges the forum to take a picture of your motorcycle "next to a waterfall", or "at a local diner", etc. The first person to post that photo gets to choose the next challenge. Silly game, really, but for some reason it took off like wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiposea View Post
    In another forum I'm in, they have a simple 'photo challenge'. It's a motorcycle forum...one person challenges the forum to take a picture of your motorcycle "next to a waterfall", or "at a local diner", etc. The first person to post that photo gets to choose the next challenge. Silly game, really, but for some reason it took off like wildfire.
    My first thought was I wonder if anyone got hurt or killed yet trying to get to the spot and back really fast to be the first person to post the pic. Anyway if we do a challenge here please make sure it is super safe.

Little Fuzzy
    Blog Entries

3 a.m thought. Could be bad, could be good.

My rats like to interact with my other animals (kitties and doggos) How about a tab? that is how everyones rats react to other creatures or vise versa.

My 110lb dog insists on licking the babies as soft as he can and is not satisfied until he has kissed every last one. He never tries to bite down (minus one time when he first got to see them, but I think he was trying to hold it because he was not violent or anything) Now every time I clean the cages, someone has to sit there until he makes sure they all had puppy kisses

+ Reply to Thread