Censored?
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Censored?

Pink Eeper

Default Censored?

I am rather disappointed that one of my posts was deleted. I do not think that a forum where you cannot share opinions about the reality of what we do and deal with is a very healthy place. It is one thing to steer conversations in a specific direction, to avoid and circumvent conflict and another to completely erase all traces of a member's contribution. I am not new to forums, and I have never experienced this before. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I do not use expletives, I do not use insulting or derogatory language, and so I do not feel that my honest opinion should be erased.
    I love what I love. Forever. Don't expect that to change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I thought this happened to me once or twice after replying to a thread. I got really paranoid and worried that something I said was somehow controversial or insulting. I now think that it was just a glitch and didn't post properly and not that someone disagreed with my opinion. Because there are posts about breeding and feeders that do not get deleted, just locked.

Quote Originally Posted by PipRat View Post
    I thought this happened to me once or twice after replying to a thread. I got really paranoid and worried that something I said was somehow controversial or insulting. I now think that it was just a glitch and didn't post properly and not that someone disagreed with my opinion. Because there are posts about breeding and feeders that do not get deleted, just locked.
    Maybe a post is deleted when the thread needs to remain open and is acceptable? I can understand that threads on intentional are locked so the matter is not discussed. I'm new to forums, and don't use them much, so I'm just guessing.

If it was about feeders or breeding, then both would be deleted as per the rules of this forum.

If your post violates our clearly written rules, it is going to be erased. The rules are the rules. Sorry if that is too harsh for you. But you have to understand every rule we have in place here is for a good reason, mostly just to avoid simple discussions/debates turning into flame wars that end with people getting suspended and banned. Just telling people to drop a discussion does not work... when people want to fight, they will fight. You were not issued a warning or infraction over it, your post was just hidden from view. The entire post was barely relevant to the topic and in clear violation of the rules... it would have sparked the great argument we have all seen a thousand times and likely derailed the topic completely.

There are a few other fancy rat forums out there if you aren't happy with the way things are here. You are not obligated to stay here if you don't like it.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

Blog Entries

Well that wasn't a very nice reply Jaguar... The best way avoid a war or unnecessary discutions is to be polite with people, and telling people that if they don't like it then they can leave is certainly not the best way to do avoid it. I'm really new here and I can understand that having children as forum members, some subjects should be avoided, but making them to tabu is almost as bad as puting them to practice. I believe the best way to avoid unpleasant situations is to keep people informed, and deleting threads and posts about sensitive subjects can be the wrong way to do it. If we close our eyes, those things will still be there, we just don't see them and ignorance can be a dangerous thing... As I said, I'm a really new member here but I like it very much and spend most of my days reading everything that I can, but situations like this make me not want to come back.
    Animals are not things.

I am taking this issue up personally with the OP. If you have anything more you'd like to say to me personally, please PM me.

I never meant to have the "if you don't like it, you can leave" attitude. I meant that more like, there are other options out there if you aren't comfortable posting here. There's nothing RatForum can offer anyone who doesn't agree to its rules and terms of use and expects to be exempt from punishment for violating them.

Rest well Matilda, Rufus, Oliver, Sebastian, Miles, Leno, Gabby, Ona, Cami, Luna, Blue boy, Fuzzy boy, Benjamin, and Bernard.

+ Reply to Thread