my rats dont chew? - Page 2
RatForum.com is the premier Rat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my rats dont chew?

i'd always thought aboput using popcicle sticks but wont the splinter and get eaten, or is that harmless to them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Rat Forum
    Advertisements

I get sugar free popcicles and let the rats have them when I am done They love it. I wouldnt worry too much My three aren't chewers either ...

Yeah, my lil girls don't chew on any of their wood blocks / chew sticks/ the edible bowl that I got them either. The only thing I've noticed that they have chewed on are a few scraps of fabric in their cage, but they don't chew on the majority of their blankets or on any of their hammocks.

I think a lot of it is because of bruxing, they naturally grind their teeth, so I think that really helps file them down.

Most of my rats are not real big chewers right now either. Ah to think about all the money spent on all kinds of colorful wood blocks, mats, chew sticks, and stick balls with walnuts in the middle. Oh well...they are self honing rats I guess. Always bruxing away. It is worth mentioning that the only thing they seem to truly love chewing are the wifes and my lifeproof iPhone cases, my iPad cover, and one pair of carelessly left out Samsung 3D glasses. My rats either have expensive taste, or they are Amish and slowly trying to convert me.

Hey, if your rats aren't chewers, count your blessings! "Unstoppable little engines of mass destruction" is a weak description of real chewers. If the rats in my mischief weren't so adorable, there'd be real trouble in River City, let me tell you! Ratties!
    Things my rats have taught me: Wheels are for food storage, food dishes are seating, cherry tomatoes are decorative cage accents, cucumber slices are furniture, a ramp is not properly utilized unless a tissue box is blocking it.
    Rat Code: 2m2f !B C? F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n--

+ Reply to Thread