Long story short, one of my rats chewed some of the tip off of a sharpie he somehow managed to find and uncap. I tried to wipe the blue out of his fur, but it looks as if that's going to be there for a while...anyway, is this toxic? I looked it up and found out sharpies weren't toxic to guinea pigs but didn't know about rats. Thanks..
I believe sharpies are child safe, at least the uk ones are, and so are rat safe. I would expect it to be the same in the US. We use them to mark the tails of identical kittens and older rats and it causes no issues.
Jemma and the gang; Astreaus, Sam, Bean, Tam, Raga and Kazoo