Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a bag of vanilla yogurt raisins from the Family Dollar, tested them out myself before giving them to my girls. :p

And low and behold, they absolutely love these things. They've actually become MORE social knowing that treats is involved. But figured I'd share it with fellow users or new comers to the boards. Anything to help save a dollar, right? Even tho I know many have probably already known this for years before i mentioned it.

Any inexpensive treats you've found out there in the world?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are these treats really sweet? If so, I would definitely limit on giving them to your rats, or if they have a lot of sugar in them, (check nutrition chart on back) I would stop giving them at all. Even though these are cheap treats, they aren't made specifically for small animals. Also, it's actually yogurt powder and a bunch of other unhealthy stuff on these raisins. If I were you, I would just give maybe one every couple days, or just keep them for yourself.

Some healthy rat treats that aren't very expensive, (but also come in larger boxes) are lightly sweetened cereals like Kix, regular Chex, or Cheerios. Also, I'm sorry if I may have sounded rude, I was just trying to be informative. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I make really cheap yogurt drop at home with greek yogurt and crunched up cheerios :D I have to be careful dehydrating them because i only have an oven, not a real dehydrator, but they turn out ok!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these treats really sweet? If so, I would definitely limit on giving them to your rats, or if they have a lot of sugar in them, (check nutrition chart on back) I would stop giving them at all. Even though these are cheap treats, they aren't made specifically for small animals. Also, it's actually yogurt powder and a bunch of other unhealthy stuff on these raisins. If I were you, I would just give maybe one every couple days, or just keep them for yourself.

Some healthy rat treats that aren't very expensive, (but also come in larger boxes) are lightly sweetened cereals like Kix, regular Chex, or Cheerios. Also, I'm sorry if I may have sounded rude, I was just trying to be informative. :p
Didn't come off as rude at all, sugar content is about 20 grams a piece. But as you suggested, I do limit them to 1 MAYBE 2 per girl every few days or so. And I know they're both only getting 1 OR 2, cause they run to their own corners respectively. But to my taste buds, they aren't that sweet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.