Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I'm frustrated and I'm sure you can relate.

In the time that I have had my ratties I have learned one thing about people; There are two kinds of people, the ones that love rats and the ones that don't.
I get it, I really do. Rats are not for everyone, just like having a pet tarantula is not for me.

HOWEVER, if you were posting on social media about how cute your tarantula is and how precious it is to you, I would not feel compelled to send you a message about my disgust for your pet. So why do people have to do this to rat owners? What purpose could it possibly serve to send me a message about how nasty these little critters are. Obviously, I'm not going to be persuaded to take your side. I'm not going to sit there and say, "Wow I don't know why I haven't noticed it before but they are gross!" **** no, that day will never come. There just isn't a way that someone can send me a message about my pets being gross that will be taken kindly. I just don't get why someone would take the time out of their day. I post about my rats on snapchat all the time, because they're freaking adorable and I want to show off how freaking adorable they're being. I feel like if it bothers someone it would be easier to unfollow my story than it would be to come up with some crappy remark. I don't think I would ever comment on someone else's pet being disgusting. I might think to myself that that isn't something I would enjoy, but I would never say anything or harass that person about it. UGH! Just let my babies be cute and do your own thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's awful that someone would go out of their way to send you a message just to tell you they think they Are disgusting. unfortunately it's to be expected on social media now, people can say whatever they want without having to deal with the consequences in person so don't feel guilty. I'd just ignore them as any kind of reaction is probably what they want. Or maybe they just didn't realise that rats were kept as pets and thought you just picked a diseased one up from the wild?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Unfortunately it is a lack of education in an individual who has no interest in being educated. Very common and very unfortunate. I get mad about it but I shouldn't because it's their loss! :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts