Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've posted in the "accidental litters" forum because my partner and I bought a female who turned out to be pregnant. Well, my mother wanted 1 male from the litter, but I told her she needed 2. Will 2 males from the same litter be ok in the same cage without being neutered?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Actually it will probably be easier than introducing two strange males to one another. Most rats from the same litter should be ok living together, and if there are no female rats involved the intact males shouldn't get too crazy :).
As they get a little older you may be able to tell who would be a good match together as well!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yes, brothers should get along well. i have three lots of brothers, ****** & specks live in one cage, monkey & sherbet in another, and stumpy, sproccy & spritely in another. the three brothers do tend to fight, but a quick squirt of water puts them in their place.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had two males from different litters and they got along very well. Especially since the boys you may be getting will be from the same litter, everything should be okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts