Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving 2 lives on Friday when I adopt 2 males. I called this petshop and he said he just got a shipment of feeder rats. I HATE THOSE WORDS. After controlling myself I said I'll be in on Friday to save 2 lives. I haven't had any ratties for awhile. I'm wondering if 2 males can live comfortably in a gage together. I know males get big. My cage is sort of big. 3 levels and roomy.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If properly introduced they can successfully co exist., I've never had a problem with rats co existing at all, but rats are territorial creatures so make sure you take it nice and slow...

and I wouldn't call it "saving 2 lives" because you're condemning many more by doing what you've chosen to do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that everyone feels the way you do about what I said. But I do know that these 2 rats will get eaten if I don't adopt them.

·
Registered
798 Posts
and I understand how you feel that it is necessary that someone saves their lives... but you have your mind in the now when it should be in the future.... if you save those two rats the petstore is just going to get more to replace them its as simple as that...
If you really want to save a few lives why don't you contact your local SPCA and tell them that you're looking to adopt a pair of rats, if they don't have any at the shelter I'm sure that they could put you in contact with someone opperating a rescue, Trust me like i've mentioned to you before, I got my two girls at a pet store... they weren't breeders, but if I regret not getting them through a rescue organization, it just makes so much more sense.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My six boys live in one cage. :)

If you look there's a cage calculator in the rat homes section... you can enter your cage's dimensions and see how many it can comfortably hold. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts