Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two sweet little girls in quarantine who were doomed as snake food. They are a bit younger than Ive had before and I was reading on line that babies should have more protein up till about 10 weeks of age. Can anyone tell me exactly how much protein. They are both doing well, eating, drinking, and pop-corning around.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Eee! Adorable!!!
I think it's about 18% protein as opposed to about 14% for adult rats. Cause if you're going the HT route, they have the 2018 as appropriate for growing babies, or other rats that need extra protein.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh! It is a good thing you live in PA or I would have to come over there and steal those cutie pies!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
harlen tekland rat food blocks.

i would just give them a egg and some chicken or other meat in their daily feedings. if they get isthy you've given them too much otherwise you should be fine.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harlen tekland...is that one of the best lab blocks out there? I never seem to be able to fine it anywhere. One petstore told me I could place any order and they could have it for me in a few days, so thats what I'll try.
thanks for the replys. They had some scrambled eggs this morning and seemed to enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You can't really get it "out there." I'm surprised your local pet store even knew what it was! It is regarded by many as the best lab block- others think the ingredients are subpar. But even so, most agree that it's one of the best available, easy to get, and almost all rats will eat it.

There are a ton of rat rescues and the like that will sell small portions of it. I got mine by the pound ($1.25/lb, and that stuff laaasts) from Kim's Animal Ark Rescue (or some title to that effect. Google it, I can never remember), but they're not the only ones that sell it. That way, your rats get good food, and ratties waiting for homes get some financial help.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill have to check into that. Im not sure if that pet store can def. get it or not, but its worth a try. She said almost anything. Knowing my luck they wont be able to, but the money going to a rescue almost sounds better.
thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Seriously, that second little ball of fluff makes me want to just scoop her up and give her a kiss!! And then maybe steal her.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Rittens have names now....The Dumbo is Indica and the Double Rex is Nevaeh. Took me a little while:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts