Rat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a little about myself...i turned 18 yesterday. yay! and for my birthday i was given a small rat, as said before to replace my other, Fluffles, who died.
RIP Fluffles. i fell in love with his tawny head and white body

...anyways. here is Blue. my new baby.

not the best of pictures, but he is not very photogenic. he looks a bit bluer in person so my sister called him Blue. dum dum dum

other pets i have:
3 cats: Smokey, MIttens, and Cali
a dog: Buster
dwarf hammys: Coconut and Delilah
Fish: 75g community, 55g discus, 58g reef, 55g oscar, 29g community, 12g reef, 3-1g's for bettas

i love fish :)
i also work at a pet story and agree that most of the time they dont know what thier talking about, but i work in aquatics and can swear by the fact i say tell no lies and dont give advice if i dont know about the fish or item.
so ya...thats some about me i guess.

here are some pictures...cause i know everyone loves pictures :)
my hammies:

LOL scary Cali

Smokey, my bottle baby. and the devil-cat

Mittens, my old tom

Buster, my old man

75g tank

my oscar. peanut

12g nano reef

58g reef

bettas. from left to right. Plakat, clsssic, and half moon

plakat

the classic betta

halfmoon

55g discus tank

29g community

ok so maybe i got a bit carried away with pics. but this is all me! lol...o...i wont get started on my artwork right now...maybe later. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome! :) Fluffles was a cutie! Blue is pretty from what I can see. Nice pets! What is your dog?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome =] you have lovely pets btw! Nd im sorry for your loss RIP Fluffles x

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone :) and ya, i take a lot of pride in my aquariums. even work at a pet story specializing in aquatics, so i get paid to clean fish tanks all day. lol

and at a request here are a couple pieces of art i have done...sadly i couldnt find anything to truly brag about right now

·
Registered
418 Posts
What beautiful pets you have! I'm a fish luver myself but have only an empty 5.5 gal and am working on restoring my mom's 55 gal. How much time do you spend on taking care of all those tanks?! lol. They're absolutely stunning!

You have very nice artwork too. I LOVE that dragon, it's something I would try to draw!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Neat artwork. I love the vibrant colours in the dragon :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
erm...i have no idea. spend about an hour on each tank a night. feeding, cleaning, uprighting fallen corals or plants. making sure all fish are accounted for and healthy...

what kind of restoring are you doing on the 55g, lostbutnotforgot??

and the dragon took me like 4 hours to do...they are defintely not my for-te in art

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Fuzz, welcome to the forums!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm just adding some fish and plants to my mom's old 55g (changing out lights so the plants will grow, redecorating). It's up and running, but the fish in it (black skirt tetras) are older than old and I'd like to see some more life in the tank. I would like to just fill it with neons, but my sister wants different types of fish so we'll see what sort of community tank it turns out to be. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lostbutnotforgot, if you want any fish tips or have problems, i would be happy to advice and help any way i can! and LOL the black skirts are such aggressive eaters, thats the only thing i like about them :)

and thank you, i love taking pictures, it was hard to choose which ones to post :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Pretty bettas! I do the fish/rat combo too (which I sure is common), but all I have is a crowntain betta and a 10g with white clouds and ghost shrimp. Nothing too exotic, not like your gorgeous setups! Welcome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya i love fish...they keep me busy :)

and i had other bettas, moothbrooding wild types but they died. i had a 180$ pair...it was a sorry loss. but i might have some fry that are alive...somewhere in one of my tanks *shrug*

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Fuzz, nice little collection you have there! Liked the fighter fish, my house mate had one of those once, beautiful creatures. Love the ratties too! xx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol pet peoples. nice :)

ad thanks...i love my bettas and recently they were upgraded to REAL tanks! yay! so thier happy...and dont know what to do with all the space. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts