Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Angry J but I'm not terribly angry.

I am however the proud owner of 4 new baby girl rats! You've been introduced to two of them by Phoenix, my wife. :D

I had a single female named Irma as a teenager and she was wonderful! Loving, smart, playful, and very loyal to me. I really loved her. She died at about 18 months. I'm 32 now and rats have come into my life again, but now I get to share the fun with Phoenix and our two boys.

What I love most about these girls is that each of them have such distinct, individual personalities. Yuuki is the shy one, Hoodie is outgoing and friendly, Kira is the leader and most independent, and Faye is the content cuddler.

In addition to rats, I also love snakes - they only eat humanely dispatched frozen mice though. I also ride scooters and love classic arcade games.

I'm a 5th grade teacher and I've been showing my class photos of the rats every day since we got them. I'll be taking them to school with me on occasion as well. I've been reading this forum since Phoenix showed it to me and there's a ton of great information here.

:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! Wow, sounds like your quite the dad/teacher, my dad isn't so found of my gals... As for the snake thing, I don't think there is a "humane" way to feed snakes. (that was not meant to sound bratty, I'm just a 14 year old girl who REALLY likes rodents!) oh and I loved fifth grade, I think it's awesome your showing your kids that Rats are great pets!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand. It's hard to be a snake lover too. When I hear stories about people killing snakes in their backyard, it tears me up. I'll say "it's a blacksnake - it's harmless - it eats pests" etc... They just look at me and say "it's a snake, I hate snakes..." :roll:

But all the same, I love snake as much as my other pets and what they need to eat is whole mice, so that's what I have to feed him. At least they're frozen and don't go through the process of being constricted.

My 4 girls have nothing to fear though. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts