Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got time to restart the introduction process. They've been living side by side in two seperate cages. Im doing introductions in the bath tub and all three of them are acting like they've always been cage mates. The two younger boys used to squeak every time bernard got near them. Now theyre all running around and grooming one another. There has only been one scared squeak, and also I saw some behavior ive never seen before.

questions: is it still too soon to move them into the cage together? the smallest of my boys Bandit keeps trying to push himself up underneath Bernard. Does that mean something? Also, bernard and scar were chasing one another and it looks like bernard was trying to keep his backside away from scar as scar chased him. What does that behavior mean?

·
Registered
835 Posts
When I first trying to get Jojo and Blaze together for some reason Jojo just rushed to Blaze and hide under him. Still no clue why...

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
pushing under an adult rat from a baby is then trying to feed of them. Not surprising if they've never met an adult rat that wasn't there mum before. As to whet to move them into the cage, i would try them in a small carrier first, or a small cage. Have a read of the stickied carrier method of intros first to help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts