Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going on a 5 day trip soon and don’t know what to do about my rats. I have someone who will give them food in water but nothing else. I use fleece and usually change the fleece every 3 days so Idk what to do. My rats have a double critter nation with lots of toys but tend to get bored very easily and spend most of the day free roaming around my room. The only person who will be able to take care of them is my grandma and she will only be giving them food and water. So if anyone knows what I should do I rlly need advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you take them with you? I travel with my rats and they love it. I put them in a travel cage when we are driving/ flying so they don’t get hurt on the metal and glass. They seem to enjoy it since they sleep the whole way through the trip

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I
Can you take them with you? I travel with my rats and they love it. I put them in a travel cage when we are driving/ flying so they don’t get hurt on the metal and glass. They seem to enjoy it since they sleep the whole way through the trip
I would love to but we are staying at hotel do Idk

·
Registered
787 Posts
Your rats should be just fine as long as someone can make sure they have food and clean water. Of course they'd like daily time out of their cage but it's not going to harm them at all to stay in their cage while you're gone. It is a DCN so they have plenty of space to run around. They'll probably be more comfortable staying at home than traveling with you. New environments can be stressful for rats.

I agree that fabric liners work best when changed often but it'll probably be just fine to go 5 days this one time. Do you use an absorbent layer under the fleece? If not, definitely look into it because it helps a little bit with odor/ammonia control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you should bring food with you when sending to a close friend of yours, maybe showing them how to take care of you, even though it's not good, but that's the best solution for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts