Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I recently adopted a sweet rat that gave birth to 12 babies. I am still searching for homes for 8 of them! They are super sweet- they have been handled since birth. They will be ready to go to their new homes next week. I am located near Cleveland, though I am meeting someone in Columbus, so I would be able to meet up around that area as well!

Bay2.jpg Daphne2.jpg Katherine2.jpg MaryBeth2.jpg Melody2.jpg Regina2.jpg

The girls from left to right:

1. Agouti, berkshire, smooth, top ear
2. Agouti hooded, rex, top ear- she has only one eye, was born that way, but she does just fine! :)
3. Himalayan, smooth fur, top ear
4. Black, hooded, double rex, top ear
5. Himalayan, rex, dumbo
6. Himalayan, rex, top ear

Toby2.jpg Ty2.jpg

The twin boys are both Himalayan, smooth fur, top ear.

I have more pictures if you are interested! Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Unless both parents were rex then you wouldn't have double rex. Rex pups can go through awkward phases that make them look patchy as they grow, but the hair typically evens out in consistency once their adult coat comes in. I was just curious since the pup just looks like a single rex.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not quite sure about the dad but the mom is rex. And one of the boys (that already has a home so isn't pictured) is missing the fur on his back, and she is starting to thin out more than the others. Thanks for the info! :D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Might be possible that dad was a rex. It's frustrating not knowing sometimes lol If he was rex, the litter should be 1/4 smooth, 1/4 double and 1/2 single. I hope you're able to find great homes for them all. I'd be so tempted to take one of those cuties if I was closer :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just flipped through those with my husband and we almost packed our bags and quit our jobs and headed to Ohio. So adorable! Just the montage I needed to see after a long, hard day.

Hope the cuties find their homes soon!

...and if you're headed down to Florida...

·
Registered
13 Posts
When about are you meeting in Columbus? I see this was posted on the 24th of Aug so you might have already gone...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still looking for homes for 5 babies! They will be six weeks tomorrow.

Katherine4.jpg Katherine1.jpg MaryBeth1.jpg MaryBeth2.jpg Melody2.jpg Regina4.jpg
Girls-
1. Himalayan, smooth fur, top ear
2. Black, hooded, double rex, top ear
3. Himalayan, rex, dumbo
4. Himalayan, rex, top ear

Boy4.jpg
Boys-

1. Himalayan, smooth fur, top ear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts