Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two baby girls (7 and 9 weeks) and was wondering if taking little "cat naps" is natural. They seem to sleep for 30-45 minutes and then fly across the cage... or fight. This energizer bunny stage lasts for about 10 minutes and then their back to sleeping. Is this normal for babes or could they be sick. Mabye it has somthing to winter...

·
Registered
113 Posts
My girls do that all the time. However, I've only had them for a month so, I'm no rat veteran!
When I take them our Rem will just sit in my pocket and chill while Leaf runs all over the place, then Leaf will crash in the pocket for a while then come out again.
So I guess it's pretty normal rat behavior.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my boys do that, and they're about 10 weeks old.

my younger girls used to popcorn all over the place like little lunatics, then sleep, then start all over again, but now that they soooo much older (5 months), they dont go nuts quite as often... although spazz still does...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yeah, that's just normal rat baby behavior, in fact i think that is normal baby behavoir of just about any species. all that running and jumping and wrassling tires a little body out pretty quickly. they'll grow out of it fast though so enjoying the craziness while it lasts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
before eskimo died, she used to do that every time. it was kinda before she got worse but to answer your question... YES, it's usual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts