Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally am jealous of everyones boys...they are so big and squishy and cuddley!

And with considerations, i Really want males...But i have girls...4 of them. And having 4 girls and 2 boys separate is not an option because i cant afford an opps litter.

So I'm looking into getting a nuetered male from a rescue. I want him already nuetered because I'd rather keep the money id use for his nueter in case of an emergency.

Do rescues nueter their boys. I know dogs and cats are nuetered there...but are rats? Whats the chances of findin a rescue with nuetered males? And can a nuetered male be with un-spayed girls?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Some rescues will. The rescue I volunteer for nueters on a needed basis. Right now I have two boys that are in desperate need of a nueter and they will be getting it. It all depends on the rat in this rescue though. Call around to your local rescues and see what their policies are.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
A few rescues spay/neuter [age permitting] before adopting out. Huron Valley Rat Rescue in MI is one.

Some, like us, get discounts at the vet and can probably get it done cheaper than you might be able to.

Where are you located, we might be able to help find a rescue for you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Jersey and I'd be willin to drive basically anywhere in New Jersey. Possibly if not too far, Pennsylvania too. This would be in Late September, Early October, when i get my licence.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Most rescues that neuter for you will adopt the neutered boys at a slightly higher cost, I believe... if the boy came in neutered, then that's no cost to the rescue, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts