Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I reserved 2 baby male rats from a local breeder and im getting them tomorrow or Saturday. I just have a few more things to get straight. Is it true that rats need to sleep in total darkness? And when do you put new food in the dish? Do you keep filling it up when it gets empty? We have a couple names picked out but we might change em. These are the most up to date pictures of them.

Heres the male Patched rat that we might name Patch (We are very creative :roll: )

Heres the blue american berkshire we might name Paco

Name ideas are also appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Considering rats sleep in the middle of the day and my boys sleep in my dining room which has no curtains... I think they're fine in light. THey don't sleep very deeply anyway.

Feeding depends on your preference. Some people feed at key times of the day (ie. Breakfast and Dinner), some free feed. I free feed blocks (the dish always has blocks in it) and feed fresh snacks at night.

Your ratties-to-be are adorable, whatever you name them. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my ratties have blocks and nut mix in their cages all the time, and they get fresh food every night around 8pm-ish.

they sleep whenever they are tired, either night or day, and mine certainly dont care whether its light or dark inside, especially as they tend to sleep in/under things.

your new little babies are soooo cute!!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
crapola said:
my ratties have blocks and nut mix in their cages all the time, and they get fresh food every night around 8pm-ish.
Nut mix? Like what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts