Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm rimjet, I'm a 24 year old art student and lover of all things fuzzy and small. I kept a lot of pets as a kid, but I have incredibly fond memories of caring for rats, and when a friend and classmate of mine told me that her boyfriend was having trouble with one of his girls, I offered to adopt her.

This is Lapis! She's generally still shy, and doesn't always want to be picked up or come out of her cage, but she's not nearly as skittish as when I first adopted her so she's doing better! Other than being antisocial, she was getting into fights with her three cagemates, so her previous owner had separated her. After bringing Lapis to the vet and talking to him about it, he suggested that I do try to find a cagemate for her, mostly because she's female and maybe one cagemate won't freak her out as much as three did. Her previous cage was also only a 10 gal aquarium with four girls living it in (yikes) so I think the bigger cage will help her stress levels. She's gonna get a cagemate on the 11th or the 12th from a shelter about 2 hours away. I'm super excited.

Anyway, that's about it! I look forward to posting here and talking to everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
She is beautiful and very lucky to have found her way to you. Some really good information about immersion training a sticky note under behavior

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow what a cutie! She is so lucky to have you :eek: I also really enjoy her name. My baby boy's name is Oliver and he is 5 weeks old. I am sad to say I joined this rat site because he is sick, so if you have some luck send it my way for my babies.
. Rat Mammal Skin Whiskers Muridae

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Tam thank you for the info! I'll make sure to check that out

@AMV Oh no, I hope Oliver feels better soon! I saw your thread and I'll offer any extra insight I have there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts