Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ace has a URI (Not contagious as the vet's assure me her cage mate is breathing fine) she has been on medication for a week and I haven't had any improvement yet (which I understand, these things take time).

Last night Ace's breathing was particularly loud, I was panicking that she wouldn't last the night. I gave her a tiny chip if dark chocolate (and an even smaller one to her cage mate to avoid a fight) and she was quiet the rest of the night. While she is unwell, how often can I give Ace chocolate? It gives her and me relief.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I gave Wolf a chip any time I thought he was having an exceptionally difficult time breathing. At frist it was every couple of days. As he got worse, he got one almost every day. At the end he was getting 2 or 3 a day. He sadly had what I presume were abscess in his lungs. I didn't see in ill effects on him from the chocolate. I hope little Ace starts to feel better!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. At least her behavior is normal. I found her waiting for me inmy bed last night and she keeps stealing my strawberries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts