Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola-rat: July 4th 2012- August 31st 2014

Lola was the first rat I ever got, along with her sister Charlotte. I had just gotten my first apartment, living alone, and I was horribly lonely. I wasn't technically allowed pets but I managed to sneak them in, and miraculously, their cage too.
babies.jpg
This was the very first picture I have of them. Lola on the left, Charlotte on the right.

I didn't think smuggling these little fuzzies into my apartment would change my life, but I'd be lying if I said anything otherwise.

From day one she loved to explore, especially me. It only took a week or so before she would climb the bars and up my chest so she could nestle on my shoulder and inspect my ears.

And from then on my shoulder was where she liked to be.
shoulderlola.jpg
We became inseparable over the next couple years. She never went outside on my shoulder, but she might have been able to if I had tried. But she seemed just as happy sitting with me in bed in front of a movie, especially if I brought snacks.
snackinglola.jpg

She was the sort of rat many people hear about but few seem to get to meet. She turned my mother from rodent phobic to a rat lover. She could charm anyone's cheerios out of their possession. And she took her last breath in my lap, still bruxing as I scritched her behind the ears. She was brilliantly clever, inquisitive, mischievous, and loving, from the first time I met her at the animal shelter to that last difficult day. It's hard to believe it's been almost a whole year without her. I still feel lonely sometimes when I watch movies in bed without her.

I think the worst part is knowing that there will never be another one like her. I would be well past lucky to find another rat who was just as charming and sweet as she was. Don't get me wrong, I love all my rats, past and present, but you can never replace the bond you have with your heart rat.

Missing you, always.
lola.jpg

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm really sorry. Rats are truly one of a kind and special.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts